Fly fishing in Ketchikan

presjade

We will be on the Coral Princess in May 2015. My husband is wanting to fly fish (fresh water trout, dolly varden) the only option I am finding is Family Air Tours.. Anyone have any experience/suggestions when it comes to fly fishing? We dock @ 6:30 am leave @ 2:00 want to drive someplace not fly..Thanks for the help:p

We will be on the Coral Princess in May 2015. My husband is wanting to fly fish (fresh water trout, dolly varden) the only option I am finding is Family Air Tours.. Anyone have any experience/suggestions when it comes to fly fishing? We dock @ 6:30 am leave @ 2:00 want to drive someplace not fly..Thanks for the help:p

There aren't many places to drive to Ketchikan. The best is probably using a local tour company for a fishing trip.

Then there are those who get a license near the bridge and cast lines off the bridge.

There like two dozen of them when I was there.

Big question, once you have a fish.... catch 'n release? Sushi? Where to clean and cook your prize?

Sent from the Blackberry Passport w/ Snap

Then there are those who get a license near the bridge and cast lines off the bridge.

To clarify it's the Stedman Bridge that they do shore fishing... check out the crowds in this picture....

I think they get their license from Dolly's house nearby...

I don't think that busy bridge is the fly fishing experience he is after:eek: I think we are going to book with FamilyAirTours..It's 4hr river fishing. I was hoping someone had done this before & could give us some feed back.

seems a little early in the season. You might want to check the Alaska fish and game web site or call the local office for info on run timing.

The Alaska Outdoor Journal is another good resource

It is early for salmon & brook trout but dolly varden rainbow & cutthroat trout are in season. I just think he wants to cast a line in Alaska what ever he catches he will be thrilled i'm sure. Thanks for the suggestions I will check those out!!