Alaska Cruise

emaksb

We are thinking of doing our first Alaska cruise this summer. We have cruised to the Caribbean several times already. In the past for Caribbean cruises if I didn't book very early I would wait until after final payment then book. Would this be an option on an Alaska cruise or do they book up quickly and our chances of getting a cabin is slim to none? We would prefer a balcony but any cabin would do just to be on the ship.

There are so many ships in the Caribbean that there is no way they are all booking up fast.

Last year I was bombarded with emails and snail mails offering $399 to $499 cruises from Princess and HAL.

Not guaranteeing that that will be the case this year but if I was a betting man I'd lean that way

Bill

I booked my Alaska last-minute trips with 2 weeks to go due to work commitments. Yes the prices are higher and cabin selection is slimmer... but doable.

I did hear there was fewer ships going to Alaska for 2015.

Edited by xlxo

We are thinking of doing our first Alaska cruise this summer. We have cruised to the Caribbean several times already. In the past for Caribbean cruises if I didn't book very early I would wait until after final payment then book. Would this be an option on an Alaska cruise or do they book up quickly and our chances of getting a cabin is slim to none? We would prefer a balcony but any cabin would do just to be on the ship.

I have booked Alaska after final payment many times and have gotten great deals on price and cabin selection wasn't bad. It was often difficult to get FF miles that way but that was the only negative.

This would be my take on it if I were going to play the booking after final game. Have you mind set to the ship/date/sailing you are interested in. Deposit the sailing....it's refundable as long as you are pre-final. Purchase your flights....research and book your shore excursions with outside companies....IMPORTANT as many of the good ones book far in advance. Then sit and watch....if there is plenty availability right prior to final....you can cancel the booking and wait it out and take the gamble. I wouldn't be worried about it being sold out...there are almost always cabins available on most sailings right up to sail date....it's just a gamble if you will end up ahead money wise or not. I wouldn't try this will a special sailing or a crazy busy sailing.

Edited by bajathree