TA says they check price reductions every two weeks?

cruisin321

First of all, this is just MY opinion, but I would NEVER book with a travel agent, and I used to be one.:o:o

As others have stated, they are not going to go out of their way to find you a lower fare, as it measures up to lower commission for them....

We always book direct through Carnival's website, and on our last cruise, we ended up saving $1500 in price drops.

I checked 4-5 times per day. Slightly OBC:o:o

But, it paid off.:D:D

Why not check rates yourself and tell your TA to put in for the reduction, I've done that before

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That's what I do. I can see why it's not for everyone. It is easier just to go the direct route, but using a TA has worked out fine for me and others. I was looking on Royal Caribbean's site over the weekend, and a couple of places I saw where they encourage booking with a travel agent. I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, there are options out there. That's my point. Do what works for you OP. Out of all the ways I have booked, I found the PVP route the least beneficial. Others swear by them. Do what works for you OP. You've been given some good feedback.

First of all, this is just MY opinion, but I would NEVER book with a travel agent, and I used to be one.:o:o

As others have stated, they are not going to go out of their way to find you a lower fare, as it measures up to lower commission for them....

We always book direct through Carnival's website, and on our last cruise, we ended up saving $1500 in price drops.

I checked 4-5 times per day. Slightly OBC:o:o

But, it paid off.:D:D

Realistically how much do you think an category 4B(second to cheapest cabin) will drop? Current price is $719 for 8 day on conquest. I dont think it will go that much more down. I could be wrong though. Thanks for all the help everyone!

Just out of curiosity, why does anyone use a TA when it is so easy and more economical to do it yourself?

Who pays the TA's commission?

I can understand someone who doesn't use a computer and needs someone to help with information and planning, but what are the other advantages?

Some people don't want to have to print boarding passes, luggage tags or have to find a hotel pre/post cruise. Some it's as simple as they want to give there business to someone trying to make money for their family vs. it all going to carnival.

Carnival pays the commission amount.

I am one of the rare ones I guess and I make sure I check at the least every other day for price drops.........

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Realistically how much do you think an category 4B(second to cheapest cabin) will drop? Current price is $719 for 8 day on conquest. I dont think it will go that much more down. I could be wrong though. Thanks for all the help everyone!
It comes down to basic supply and demand. If your cruise is over the summer or at a high demand time of the year, then you may not see a price drop. But, I can tell you our upcoming 8 day cruise on the Freedom was less than half what you're paying for your 8 days on the Conquest.

It comes down to basic supply and demand. If your cruise is over the summer or at a high demand time of the year, then you may not see a price drop. But, I can tell you our upcoming 8 day cruise on the Freedom was less than half what you're paying for your 8 days on the Conquest.

I miss the days when i was able to cruise in january. I used to cruise for $425 for 7 days, those were the days. Now its double that for a sailing in august. Hope it comes down at some point, would love more OBC

I miss the days when i was able to cruise in january. I used to cruise for $425 for 7 days, those were the days. Now its double that for a sailing in august. Hope it comes down at some point, would love more OBC
It makes a big deal when in August you cruise. For a quick comparison, the Breeze is 919 on 8/1 for 8 days, then 719 on 8/29. The Liberty is 679 on 8/2 for 7 days, then 399 on 8/30. The Triumph is 549 for 5 days on 8/1, then 349 on 8/29. With Labor Day being on 9/7, that makes those late August sailings appealing.

It makes a big deal when in August you cruise. For a quick comparison, the Breeze is 919 on 8/1 for 8 days, then 719 on 8/29. The Liberty is 679 on 8/2 for 7 days, then 399 on 8/30. The Triumph is 549 for 5 days on 8/1, then 349 on 8/29. With Labor Day being on 9/7, that makes those late August sailings appealing.

I can't sail late august unfortunately. It is much cheaper than early august.