When is the best time to book July 2016 for Europe?

(Sorry if this has been covered in other threads. I did go back about 20 pages and couldn't see anything obvious to answer this...)

We are wanting to book a European cruise with RCI for June/July 2016. I believe that they announce dates and prices around Feb/March 2015 for those dates. (Does anyone know the exact date they do announce these?)

When do people think is the best time to book, from a price perspective? Is it best to get in really early? Do they offer very good early bird prices or is it best to wait until they have one of their "sales"? I've read a bit suggesting that their sales aren't really sales, as they knok up the prices a bit just as they are announced, which is why I'm wondering if booking early is therefore best?

Clearly I appreciate that you have a better choice of State Room if you book early, but I'm more concerned about the price than having the best State Room.

I have also read about some deals offered that throw in drinks packages etc. which is of interest to me. If we book early without one of these incentives being available and they subsequently offer one, can you get them to add it or re-configure later on?

Also (and I hope this is an acceptable question on this board) is it best to book direct with RCI or via an agent (without naming agent names!)

I hope you kind people can give me some pointers on this?

Lord Mowbray

There is no way to predict pricing trends. I'd book early to get the best choice of staterooms. If you can book under US/Canadian rules, then you can usually get a lower price if Royal lowers the price before final payment date.

We did a Med cruise out of Spain in Sept 2014. I believe I booked back in Jan when 3/4 guest was free. I kept an eye on prices clear through sailing and they never went down just up!

I also booked a cruise out of Venice for the Greek Isles a month or 2 ago and so far the prices seem to be going up!

For me with the European cruises it seems like the prices don't go down closer to the cruises like the Caribbean ones.

I'd say book earlier and if the prices go down call and and get price drop or cancel and re-book if you are allowed without penalties. If the prices go up then you will be happy you got a good deal!

I would book as soon as you can when the itineraries are out, both for price and stateroom selection

We have booked quite a few of our cruises with in a day or two of the schedules first being posted. In all cases, the prices we got never got lower than we booked for with one exception. That exception was when the BOGOHO promotion was first announced. The cabin prices had not gone up too much yet as of that time and I got some significant savings with that promotion..

The best time to book is when they first open up. You get the pick of cabins. The cost usually goes up. If it goes down before the final payment , the just get it re-priced and get a credit. contact me if you want the tricks to use.

(Sorry if this has been covered in other threads. I did go back about 20 pages and couldn't see anything obvious to answer this...)

We are wanting to book a European cruise with RCI for June/July 2016. I believe that they announce dates and prices around Feb/March 2015 for those dates. (Does anyone know the exact date they do announce these?)

When do people think is the best time to book, from a price perspective? Is it best to get in really early?Lord Mowbray

Lord Mowbray raises a good question.

We are considering a Med cruise in the fall of 2016. Royal has only one Europe cruise listed in 2016. 16 Night Suez Canal Cruise in April.

Celebrity, already has fall 2016 showing and we wanted to compare. Although we have not sailed on Celebrity yet, they are offering their 123 deals right now.

That is why we hoped to compare with what Royal had.

Does anyone know when Royal releases the rest of 2016?

Thanks!

Edited by IWORK2CRUISE