Regal - M514

Gracie115

Hi Gracie, Hope you get an answer. Just a quick look makes me wonder if being under the Horizon Court would be noisy. We have been on 5 Princess cruises as well as 2 Celebrity as you know and we like Princess minis. The best ones are on the Caribe deck of the Crown, Ruby and Emerald as the balconies are huge. We are trying the Royal next summer as we want the UK itinerary from Southhampton.We have a slanted mid-ship mini, but didn't book in time to get the largest balcony. We did the round-trip Panama Canal 2 years ago on the Island and scored the huge mini balcony on the deck with the "secret door" to the aft balcony which was almost like our own private full ship aft. We find the Princess minis to be close to the Celebrity S1's but without the butler etc. Princess has more entertainment venues than Celebrity and the passengers are more of a mix of ages than Celebrity and therefore more "lively". Hope to see you soon.

Hi Gracie, Hope you get an answer. Just a quick look makes me wonder if being under the Horizon Court would be noisy. We have been on 5 Princess cruises as well as 2 Celebrity as you know and we like Princess minis. The best ones are on the Caribe deck of the Crown, Ruby and Emerald as the balconies are huge. We are trying the Royal next summer as we want the UK itinerary from Southhampton.We have a slanted mid-ship mini, but didn't book in time to get the largest balcony. We did the round-trip Panama Canal 2 years ago on the Island and scored the huge mini balcony on the deck with the "secret door" to the aft balcony which was almost like our own private full ship aft. We find the Princess minis to be close to the Celebrity S1's but without the butler etc. Princess has more entertainment venues than Celebrity and the passengers are more of a mix of ages than Celebrity and therefore more "lively". Hope to see you soon.

Hi-

Thanks for the info, I did remember that you liked Princess. The mini suites do seem like some kind of cross between the S1's on X and the Junior Suites on Royal, its a size we like. I've read of others that also say there are more entertainment choices on Princess than Celebrity and since this is a Caribbean cruise that will have meaning to us as its not port intensive like a Med cruise can be. Not too worried about noise from the Horizon Court...but maybe I should be...I know on X we've never heard anything when below that area but maybe I'll search a bit more and see if anyone remarks about that. Take care! We are set for our 1st TA this spring on the Eclipse and can't wait!!:D

We just got off Regal in M320 so I can say yes there is noise from the Lido deck above but usually not after 10PM. Great rooms. Love the new big screens on the wall. Much better than the 2 small ones in older ships in the mini suites. I think they only took a few inches and redesigned the layout so it's not obvious. The problem is whether you are a smoker or not. While they have a no smoking policy for the rooms and balcony they do not enforce it. I turned in 3 last week and the smoke just kept drifting into our room for the entire 7 days. We were only able to use our $2000 upgrade to a balcony mini suite (over an inside) for a hour or less before we had to go in and close the door. Being on deck 15 it drifts up from all the rooms and floors below you. Before and after dinner times seemed to be the worse as the smokers fill their lungs up before enjoying their dinner each night. You have to locate what room the smoke is coming from (not an easy thing to do) and report it to guest services who is suppose to go to that room to catch them in the act. By the time they get there, the smoker has emptied the ashes into the sink and sprayed the room with Freebze or something else. If they catch them there is written warning and the next time caught a $250 fine. Sorry to go off subject here but the 2nd hand smoke pretty much ruined our enjoying our balcony. I'll never cruise Princess again until they enforce their own polices.