Indy - NYE Cruisers

js

Hi. We just got off Disney Dream and spent NYE onboard. Their party for NYE was up on deck and it was a great time!

Where did/does the Independence hold their NYE party? On deck and promenade or just one?

Thanks!

Thanks so much! On with Costco as I type booking our cabins for December 28!! Taking my sisters family that loves DCL so hoping their kids love it too. My kids are older but always loves RCCL clubs over Disney. I can imagine the Promenade was extremely crowded but we will be where the party is! How did you find the overall look and feel of the ship.

Was the ship still decorated for Christmas as well as Labadee? Anything special done besides the countdown party? For instance, Disney gave out complimentary champagne in souvenir plastic NYE flutes and hats as well as a picture and a big box of chocolate indicating Disney Dream NYE cruise.

Booking three E1s and one PR on Deck 8 and almost done just on hold.

Edited by js

Thanks so much! On with Costco as I type booking our cabins for December 28!! Taking my sisters family that loves DCL so hoping their kids love it too. My kids are older but always loves RCCL clubs over Disney. I can imagine the Promenade was extremely crowded but we will be where the party is! How did you find the overall look and feel of the ship.

Booking three E1s and one PR on Deck 8.

I posted a review today regarding this particular cruise...so some of your questions might be answered by reading that post.

The Royal Promenade was extremely crowded! You really need to start staking out your spot around 11:00pm! It was very loud and hot, so if that is not your thing, you may want to be in a different location. Some people watched from their Promenade cabins and others overlooked the Promenade by sitting in the chairs on decks 7,8,9 (although there aren't but 6 chairs on each deck so you'd have to get those early!).

RCI gave out party hats, leis and bead necklaces (they were at your dinner table that night). Yes, the ship was still decorated for Christmas but I didn't see anything decorated at Labadee.

I thought the ship was in very good condition. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time! ;-)

Edited by QTBabyNurse