Pride of America Debark

enyaw

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year!

So, we'll be on the POA at the end of May and I'm researching flights for my parents. There's a flight that LEAVES HNL at 8:30am. Which means you've got to get to the airport at 7:30 am, etc. There's only one flight to their hometown (nonstop) that day.

Since the POA doesn't have to deal with customs clearing the ship, what's the EARLIEST you can leave?

Is there any way?

Thanks for your help!

I think that trying to catch a flight at 8:30am is very risky. We were on the Christmas sailing of the POA and we were docked around 7:00am. We still had to exit the ship and collect our bags in the warehouse where we embarked the previous Saturday. We did have to go through a quick US agriculture checkpoint both at the pier and at the airport. Then we had to exit the building and stand in line for a cab. The ride to the airport is at least 20 minutes from the pier. If your parents can carry off their bags from the ship and do not check their bags on the airplane that would save some time. I'm not sure I would take the chance.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello, everyone! Happy New Year!

So, we'll be on the POA at the end of May and I'm researching flights for my parents. There's a flight that LEAVES HNL at 8:30am. Which means you've got to get to the airport at 7:30 am, etc. There's only one flight to their hometown (nonstop) that day.

Since the POA doesn't have to deal with customs clearing the ship, what's the EARLIEST you can leave?

Is there any way?

Thanks for your help!

We also had this problem in Fort Lauderdale, our plane home left at 7:30 am.

There was just no was to do it on disembarkment day.

We stayed over tell the next day and left bright and early one day post cruise.

It cost us a night in a hotel but heck you could think of worse places than to spend one more day in paradise.

:D:D

Edited by Seawoff
Spelling