A question for recent Independence cruisers

How was the disembarking process? The last time we cruised on her it was horrible. I am looking at flights and have been procrastinating because prices are ridiculous! Anyway we could get a flight home at 11:00AM. I have always said I would never get one that early. BUT I am wondering if we took our own luggage off it we could make it work?

thank you

We did self disembarkation from our cruise. We went down to deck 4 at 6:00 a.m. There was a line but not too long. The line began moving at 6:20. We were in a taxi and to the airport Tri Rail Station in time to catch the 7:00 train to West a Palm Beach. The Tri Rail Station is quite close to the airport.

The ship also offers the option of registering to leave early if you have an early flight, and they'll still carry your bags. We had them grab our bags for us, had breakfast, and left at 9:00 (we thought they'd called our group number, but they hadn't, but we left anyway). We were at the airport to pick up our rental car by 10:30 (including a 30 minute wait for the rental car shuttle).

We had too many bags for the "self-disembark" option. :) But we asked for and got one of the first numbers - I think we were "2" which meant we were called at 8:00. We were actually in Windjammer finishing breakfast, and didn't get down to the ramp until about 8:45. Were off and through customs and in a shuttle by 9:15, at the airport well before 9:45. Biggest issue was the security line at the airport, that took us about 45 minutes - Sat/Sun at FLL is a zoo with all the cruisers. But that meant we were still at our gate by about 10:30, and if we hadn't taken our time and REALLY left the ship at 8:00, we'd have likely been at our gate by about 10:00 or a bit before.

How was the disembarking process? The last time we cruised on her it was horrible. I am looking at flights and have been procrastinating because prices are ridiculous! Anyway we could get a flight home at 11:00AM. I have always said I would never get one that early. BUT I am wondering if we took our own luggage off it we could make it work?

thank you

We were on Indy for the New Year's cruise. Dec. 28 - Jan. 3, 2015. Disembarked around 10:00, best we have ever had from gangway to terminal exit. HOWEVER, once off the ship we waited in a long line for approx 30 minutes for a taxi.

Got off the Indy today. Left our cabin at 7:30 using self assist and was at the airport by 8:10 in plenty of time for our 9:50 flight. The Indy is always the first ship in port (arrives by 5:30) so an earlier flight is less risky than with other ships.

Got off the Indy today. Left our cabin at 7:30 using self assist and was at the airport by 8:10 in plenty of time for our 9:50 flight. The Indy is always the first ship in port (arrives by 5:30) so an earlier flight is less risky than with other ships.

Sounds like the same flight we have. Does SW have sky caps outside for the luggage? How was check in and security for you?