After booking too late to get deals?

katanna

Howdy all!

See my updated signature for our latest family outing. I am so excited!

Late last week we booked tickets for a cruise in May. Thing is, now that everyone is booked I am wondering if it is too late to get a good deal. I see commercials promising "$200 spending cash" etc. etc. etc., but that is all done at booking, and because my sister booked us as a family I don't know what all went on in the booking process.

So are there any good deals to be had now that we have already booked? Any on-board cash, or free excursions, or even a sample bottle of cologne???

What are your thoughts on getting great freebies on a cruise ship?

Matthew

A top producing TA for particular lines that interest you is the best source for deals. But don't think you're going to get $100s in OBC for a cruise that was cheap to begin with.

If you're looking at more upscale offerings, it is possible to manage significant savings with free airfare (or air credit) complimentary gratuities and internet, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are booked thru a TA, you can call and ask about the offer by others . They may not agree to give you anything.

If booked thru the cruise line, they will usually not match a TA offer, but you can usually transfer the booking from the cruise line to a TA. Be sure to set it up with the TA and know what benefits you are getting

Carnival has "Early Saver". You must book on board a Carnival ship for another Carnival cruise. Depending on the length of the cruise, they will match ANY lower price up until final payment is due. But you have to book 6 months ahead for a 7 day cruise. Then, after final payment you get ' On Board Credit'.

We had $240 OBC once on the Glory. But you have to tell them the price is dropped, they don't automatically drop it unless you tell them. Carnival will also meet a price drop with in 48 hours of when you booked.

Carnival and I believe RCCL do not allow TAs to offer a price lower than their price. A TA has to lower their commission to give anything away. A TA, who only does cruises, told me once she wouldn't make anything if she gave something to all her clients.

Edited by Bonnie J.

If you don't have a TA you trust to treat you well, and decide to book a future cruise while on board (for the extra perks), note that you can shop it around to TAs afterward. Time limit to do so may vary by cruise line. Same thing applies to other direct bookings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums