Leaving Sunday and need to pack!

JrMafia90

LOL, I never pack until the night before (or the morning I leave :))... If I pack too early, I'll pack too much... packing doesn't take THAT much planning :D

Do a search on "Packing list", then print it and make sure you don't forget anything...

Have fun!!

Hey guys, I am leaving Sunday for our long waited cruise. But the worse part yet is that I didn't pack yet. So is there anything that I should remember to pack? Thanks.

OMG....I've been packed forever. Just closed the big suitcase last night though. Am ready to meet in the Bronx bar at 10.

Have yet to go on a Cruise but because of this forum I have a packing list of odd items you dont normally take on a vacation.

Power strip ( only 1 plug in a stateroom )

9' extention cord ( same reason )

Car type air fresener for bathroom

1 gallon freezer bags

Lanyard for sign and sail cards ( have those from Vegas trip )

Binoculars

Over the door shoe holder - clear plastic

Alarm clock with lit numbers

Duct tape

etc

hello

If I were you, I would only pack a small amount of clothes. There is usually a laundry room on the carnival ships, so don't forget a little box or bottle of detergent!! I suggest bringing a little power extension or something of that nature, because there is only 1 power outlet in the room. Also, bring a small alarm clock, to make of the whole time change things that happen or just it's easier then getting a wake up call.

Bring about two different things ro wear for formal night. Don't forget bathing suit, sandals, and some little bottles of shampoo and conditioner (even though they are happy to give you extra). Don't forget extra batteries for your camera! Hopefully, you have already filled out your FUN PASS, for the ease of checking in.

Hope this helped.

Magnets to put on the balcony door latch so the A/C will work with the door open and snap hooks to have a place to hang damp towels, bathing suits, etc.:)

Thanks. This was the first time I saw these two items mentioned.

Last year I took a whole carry on filled with things that I might need and that might come in handy but did not use any of those things. One thing important to remember is that in addition to any prescription meds you take that you should take basic non-prescription meds such as cold med and sea sick meds, band aids, etc. Those things can be hard to find in the brand you prefer and are very expensive to buy on the ship or close to the port. Have a wonderful time on your cruise.

Type up a packing list that suits your needs and then stick to it. I don't pack far in advance, usually the day before leaving, but I always use a list, if I don't, I don't know what to bring and inevitably pack way too much.

Just remember, the cruise ship is sophisticated and will have everything you need, other than your personal items. Don't pack anything you read about that sounds like a good idea, unless you're sure you need it to survive the week.

My first couple of cruises, I packed like rdytocruz and found that that just didn't work for me. I didn't care for too much "stuff" to be organized and that I only wore half the clothing and shoes I hauled along. I like packing light, it's so much easier and pleasant on travel days. Easier to re-pack, too!

Archived