Chankanaab dolphin encounter

beckymomof2

My husband and I did the dolphin swim a few years ago, but now we are going on a cruise with my parents and our kids. I don't know if much has changed. I want to book the excursion directly rather than going through Carnival. Does anyone remember about how much a cab ride is?

Also has anyone had trouble lately with going on your own? When we went you weren't technically supposed to book on your own because they have a contract with Carnival. When we arrived they asked which ship we were on and I told them. They put us with that group.

I just want to be sure if I book on our own, they won't turn us away when we arrive.

Also I noticed online it says it comes with a buffet lunch. I don't remember that before. Anyone know if they really do? Seems like a good deal if they really offer a buffet.

My family & I did this last year and the cab ride was $11. I booked through there web site and was not asked anything when we got there. No buffet but the entrance into the park was covered. They have several restaurants inside however. We really enjoyed our time at the park:)

Edited by Gloria_mz