Solstice in January

mackel

Hi everyone! Just thought of a couple more questions for you all :D

1. Is there some way to check the balance of your onboard credit through My Celebrity? I have been told over the phone that it is there but would like to see it with my own eyes if I could!

2. Is there somewhere to purchase a lanyard for the SeaPass cards on board?

1. Is there some way to check the balance of your onboard credit through My Celebrity? I have been told over the phone that it is there but would like to see it with my own eyes if I could!

Suggest if you are talking with Celebrity on the phone get them to send you an email confirming how much OBC you have. This will provide you with written confirmation.

You can buy lanyards onboard at the shop and cost upwards of $US7 depending upon how blingy you want them. Suggest you pop into your local $2 shop and buy one or your local "Surfie" shop may even give you one.

If you're I've booked through a TA any obc they may have provided will not show up in the my celebrity pages. Nor I think will any Celebrity obc, but both should be clearly shown on you agents invoice.

If booked direct with Celebrity, then OBC should show up on the 'view reservation' page , but again should be shown at the very bottom of your Celebrity invoice.

That said (as we have one cruise booked direct that had OBC Showing online), if the OBC is part of pick your perk offers, it may not appear online as its all based on promo codes....they are not very consistent I'm afraid [emoji57].

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Hi Mackel! I assume you are from OZ Like myself and know you will enjoy yourself ur time aboard a Solstice - she is one gorgeous lady!!

For your luggage tags. Laminating them is fine, as long as the baggage clerks can clearly see your cabin details you'll be fine!!

I believe power boards are a fire hazard and regardless of age are not encouraged. A Multi Port USB Charger coupled with an euro or us to aud plug adapter could be handy and reduce cords and plugs. I had our camera, phones, iPads and laptops all charging with only one physical power plug...my wife was very impressed!!

Now with room service and tipping, I do not mean to offend anyone but having pre paid gratuities I don't think it is an issue of you do not tip when room Service is delivered. Coming from a non tipping culture I did not even realise this was sometimes done over and above the prepaid tips, was only after we returned that I read about it on here.

Basically don't overthink it..have a few $1 bills at the ready and if you feel like an extra thank you is I order the hand a couple over. Likewise if you feel awkward or forget don't beat yourself up over it! I didn't do it for reasons stated above, and don't think I got any worse service as a result.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for this info.

I have had trouble sourcing such an item in Brisbane. Hubby bought one but it lit up the room like a Christmas tree.

Where did you purchase yours?

TIA

Jules

Thanks for this info.

I have had trouble sourcing such an item in Brisbane. Hubby bought one but it lit up the room like a Christmas tree.

Where did you purchase yours?

TIA

Jules

Hi Jules

I did a but of research and ended up buying this one by Anker, via Amazon in the U.S.

94fdf2064d90ab2922936c8c126d6adf.jpg

It's multi currency compatible and they will ship to Australia for a nominal fee. You might find similar locally or even on EBay, just make sure it has the '40w/hi speed' ability to charge iPhone/iPads etc quickly. Cheaper ones will still charge them but take heaps longer to do so.

Here's the link to where I purchased. Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Charger-PowerIQ-Technology-Samsung/dp/B00IBDOB5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428726822&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+multi+port+charger

UPDATE: Just noticed there is a later model...60w so but more powerful and all 5 ports will automatically determine the device and charge (normal/hi) required.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00P933OJC/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

Edited by QE2_Fan

@shake, what's the problem ? I'm still subscribed to this thread and Jules posed a question to a post made by head, albeit some time ago. Sure she would've created a new thread if no answer, so quite efficient use of the forums if you ask me!

Hi Jules

I did a but of research and ended up buying this one by Anker, via Amazon in the U.S.

94fdf2064d90ab2922936c8c126d6adf.jpg

It's multi currency compatible and they will ship to Australia for a nominal fee. You might find similar locally or even on EBay, just make sure it has the '40w/hi speed' ability to charge iPhone/iPads etc quickly. Cheaper ones will still charge them but take heaps longer to do so.

Here's the link to where I purchased. Cheers!

http://www.amazon.com/Desktop-Charger-PowerIQ-Technology-Samsung/dp/B00IBDOB5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1428726822&sr=1-1&keywords=anker+multi+port+charger

UPDATE: Just noticed there is a later model...60w so but more powerful and all 5 ports will automatically determine the device and charge (normal/hi) required.

http://www.amazon.com/Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00P933OJC/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

Thanks so much for all your help.

Some people go out of their way to support others 😃

Never having cruised beforere I am still navigating the waters on CC (pun intended): can seem a bit like a shark tank at times...

I did actually post a new thread BTW, but responded to your useful post as well.

Jules

Thanks so much for all your help.

Some people go out of their way to support others [emoji2]

Never having cruised beforere I am still navigating the waters on CC (pun intended): can seem a bit like a shark tank at times...

I did actually post a new thread BTW, but responded to your useful post as well.

Jules

No worries, yes sometimes you do wonder !! Hope it was of help.,,just re read my post and lol I did mean multi voltage (110/220v) not multi currency...I want talking about a money making machine lol!!

Where are you off to on your first cruise? Am sure, like us it will not be your last!!. Unlike in some of these threads, there's no need to apply shark repellent [emoji13]

No worries, yes sometimes you do wonder !! Hope it was of help.,,just re read my post and lol I did mean multi voltage (110/220v) not multi currency...I want talking about a money making machine lol!!

Where are you off to on your first cruise? Am sure, like us it will not be your last!!. Unlike in some of these threads, there's no need to apply shark repellent [emoji13]

I understood what you meant.

We are booked on the Equinox for. 14 days Italy and Greek Islands. Our roll call has been great: not a glimpse of negativity, and lots of great sharing.

Thanks again.

Oh sounds awesome...what a GREAT first cruise! We were actually ogling that exact cruise as we would love to do some Mediterranean cruising and love the Celebrity 'S' class ships (Solstice and Equinox are same class of ship and share similar deck plan but different decor!).

Awesome also having a great roll call, thankfully I think most are... our last two were at least and ended up doing some fabulous things at ports of call we otherwise wouldn't have known existed, not to mention the friends we have made and look forward to sharing future cruises with!

Enjoy!