Mojito-quest in Miami - where??

alaskamt

I will be staying at the Hyatt downtown pre-cruise for 1 night (this Saturday, the 29th), then at the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza in South Beach for 2 nights post-cruise (June 6 and 7). In the interests of a cross-cultural experience, my goal is to have a mojito. And since I got the hotels thru Priceline, I can afford the mojito. Maybe 2, if they are any good. Any suggestions for a good one in or near either of those hotels? Thanks in advance if any one can offer help. MT

Hi,

Most Latin restaurants in Miami, regardless of nationality(Nicaraguan, Cuban, Puerto Rican etc.) will more than likely have mojitos on their drink menu.

Personally, I prefer the mojitos from Los Ranchos Nicaraguan steakhouse at Bayside shopping center. They are awesome! They are made with Flor de Cana rum (from Nicaragua) which is pretty smooth. If you are at the Hyatt downtown, you shouldn't be too far from the Bayside shopping center. Los Ranchos is across from the Victoria's Secret store on the 1st floor of the mall. Their food is really good,especially their steak called a churassco and you can get it with fries if you don't like the red beans and rice("gallo pinto") that comes with it.
Here is the link to the restaurant:
[url="http://www.restaurantelosranchos.com/main_main.html#"]http://www.restaurantelosranchos.com/main_main.html#[/url]
Have fun!

Archived