Norwegian Cruise - Hurtigurten

ChiefLnc7

My wife and I are considering taking a cruise along the coast of Noway. We have looked at Hurtigurten as one alternative, but have become somewhat confused by how the food and beverages work onboard.

We have been on other cruises from Princess to NCL and Celebrity and others and know about package plans and meal plans, but when I try to understand Hurtigurten's setup, not sure.

Might mention that my wife and I do not consume alcohol except for the occasional glass of wine or cocktail, so that does solve one of the problems concerning an alcohol packet.

Anyone's advise would be helpful

My wife and I are considering taking a cruise along the coast of Noway. We have looked at Hurtigurten as one alternative, but have become somewhat confused by how the food and beverages work onboard.

We have been on other cruises from Princess to NCL and Celebrity and others and know about package plans and meal plans, but when I try to understand Hurtigurten's setup, not sure.

Might mention that my wife and I do not consume alcohol except for the occasional glass of wine or cocktail, so that does solve one of the problems concerning an alcohol packet.

Anyone's advise would be helpful

If you go to the Holland America Line board, there is currently a thread on the first page (European 3 Cruise reviews: Hurtigurten, Viking River, HAL Med TA). The poster writes in some detail about the meal options and menu selections on a recent Hurtigurten cruise.

You may find this helpful and if you have further questions, you can always ask.

Kate

Hurtigurten as one alternative, but have become somewhat confused by how the food and beverages work onboard.

Most Hurtigruten cruises are either full-board or half-board, stated in the description. Tea/Coffee are free on purchase of a ships' mug (check this still applies). Ask your travel agent to check for the dates you're looking at.