Little French Keys

beardedwoman

Hi. What does everyone do for towels at LFK? Can we take towels off the ship? Also, will we have enough time to visit the cameo factory and stop at a grocery store for coffee after LFK?

My only experience is with Carnival and RCCL.... But you can take towels from the ship. Personally I buy cheapo Walmart/target towels on clearance to tote along for two reasons... I can always tell which towel is mine in a sea of cruise ship towels that all look the same, and if I lose it or someone absconds with it, I am only out $5 not $25 :-)

At Little French Key (Not Big French Key, which is where the cruise line will take you.. and you'll stare longingly at all the awesomeness that LFK is, just out of reach...) you can leave whenever you want too but trust me, you won't want to leave!

There are lots of chairs for sitting, it's a small island so there isn't a ton of walking involved :-) but there are steps up into like the bathroom and around one of the bars its sand which she might have trouble with, but the other bar is on a deck. If you contact them directly they usually get back within 24 hours and I'm sure they can tell you about the accessibility!

Coder, yes they will take you back whenever you want. They had vans for us, so transport was not sketchy. Beware the port area, lots of people trying to get your money, and take you to some random place. Look for the guys wearing the shirt that says "Little French Key" and "Frenchy's 44".

We had the $88 package which included 2 drinks and a plate of food, so I don't know how much it would have been if bought separately. I somewhat remember seeing a sign that read that each plate was $22, but I'm not completely sure.

IMG_0453.JPG

This is what the plate of food looked like, which was more than enough for me. The lobster was not that big, but I'm not a big lobster eater, so I'm not sure it would be worth that much extra.

What is the difference between LFK and BFK? From what I have read LFK is nicer?? But the transportation seems kinda sketchy. We usually do the cruise ship tours. :confused:

Take a look at my 2 reviews of LFK, it has TONS of pictures included. It will show you what LFK looks like.

The island across from it was just a place that rented luxury rooms on the island and Carnival use to offer a day pass to LFK, but LFK cancelled it and Carnival decided to approach the island across from it. They now take their excursions there...which is nothing but a beach (which use to not even be there...they made it) with tons of lounge chairs.

Also check out THIS thread and it will explain some of it.

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mitsugirly... With all the snorkeling you have done.. do you take our own gear everywhere? TIA! :)

Yep, we take it to every port...even when we are told that "there's no snorkeling there because it's a sandy bottom beach". I have learn that I will STILL find 1) things in the water that I have never seen before (meaning a species of fish) 2) I always manage to find snorkeling (some)...including coral, ironshore, sea critters, at EVERY place I go and 3) even if you are in a place that one would normally not have any snorkeling, that one time that you don't bring it, you are going to miss that stingray swimming by, or something that you would wish that you had your equipment...even if it only means bringing your goggles (which I some times do). But you will NEVER catch me without at least the goggles. :D

BTW, what is your TIA mean? In my world, that's a stroke. :p (I'm a nurse).

LoL..not having a stroke....thank goodness!

We may go back to Maya Key this next trip in a few weeks and was wandering about bringing gear with me there. I know we can book with or without snorkeling. So, looks like the later, and bringing gear with me from now on. Thank for you quick response! :)

Opps.....didn't mean to hi-jack thread!

Edited by ondebyou

LoL..not having a stroke....thank goodness!

We may go back to Maya Key this next trip in a few weeks and was wandering about bringing gear with me there. I know we can book with or without snorkeling. So, looks like the later, and bringing gear with me from now on. Thank for you quick response! :)

Opps.....didn't mean to hi-jack thread!

Oh heavens yes...bring it! Maya Key has awesome snorkeling and you will need it for sure. :D