Cococay Wave Jet Tour Passenger -question

mapleleafvoyage

Hello. I am looking through the suggestions for Coco Cay excursions for my Grandeur cruise coming up...

I see an excursion offered, and it says "Cococay Wave Jet Tour - Passenger.

The excursion is decent priced... but my question is.. is the excursion only for a passenger. I dont really want to go with someone else. My dh would like to drive and I would like to sit behind him..

Has anyone done this excursion? Or, anyone know if I can do this?

I tried asking through Royal, but haven't received an answer yet.

There are two Wave Jet excursions, one for the driver (ZC02) which costs $95.75 and one for the passenger (ZC11) which costs $29.75. So if you want to ride with your husband, you would pay $125.50. Or you could each drive a jet ski and you would need to buy two driver tickets for $95.75 each.

My husband and I did this tour a couple of years ago and it was a lot of fun. We each drove our own jet ski because I knew my husband would want to go a lot faster than I did. :) All the other couples in our group shared a jet ski with their spouses.

There are some pictures in my Monarch of the Seas review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1719261&page=2 Scroll down to post #37.

Edited by CruisinCrow

We just did the tour last Saturday 1/3/15. We shared a waverunner, and I let my husband do the driving since it was really choppy that day. However, if we wanted to switch half way through we would have been able to do so.

Nice, can you tell me if you have to stay with a group? Or did you have freedom?

Worth it in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice, can you tell me if you have to stay with a group? Or did you have freedom?

You have to stay together. There is a guide in front and a guide in back of the group and they position you by how fast you want to go (fastest in front). At the end on the way back to the dock, they encourage you to take it to the fastest speed. But no, you can't ride around wherever you want.

We thought it was worth it.

Thank you again!!

I'm trying to convince my daredevil DH that we should try it- he wants to be without guides, lol

It's really a good tour if you've never driven a jet ski before because they show you how to do it safely. Then once you know what you're doing, you can rent them and do your own thing somewhere else. :)

It's really a good tour if you've never driven a jet ski before because they show you how to do it safely. Then once you know what you're doing, you can rent them and do your own thing somewhere else. :)

Thanks!! He's done them before- but I haven't, I'm the one who wants to do it-

I'll keep trying to convince him

We had to stay in a group, and they got really upset with the people that weren't following directions. We were able to get our wave runner up to about 45MPH. It was fun to do if you never go wave running. If you have a place where you can have freedom to do what you want, this might not be as fun for you.