How do these upgrades work?

S.S.Oceanlover

I see a deal on the Conquest sailing 4/18/15 that says $499 plus best available upgrades.

I do a mock booking but after all is said and done I'm still in a 1A cabin?

I'm quite confused as there are plenty of inside cabins available besides 1A's.

Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

Bill

I have no idea. But, I would encourage you to phone carnival and ask them what an upgrade means, and what cabin would you get by booking with a human being. Do report back if you get any info. Thx

When you are doing your mock booking, you pick your stateroom type and your rate. If your rate includes upgrades, then when you go to actually book your room location you will see that some floors and/or areas say 'upgrade included in price'. This means that ordinarily those decks or locations would charge an upgrade but under your offer you can pick them for the same price.

Edited by N00B

Upgrades start from category 4A at minimum not the 1A. Try looking at a 4A and you will see the upgrade from there.

You are exactly right. Their ad is a little misleading to say the least. At least in my eyes.

Pick the rate then you want an inside 4a add $110. You want Lido deck add $130. That $499 turns into $600 -$700 plus and your still in an inside room.

Bill

You are exactly right. Their ad is a little misleading to say the least. At least in my eyes.

Pick the rate then you want an inside 4a add $110. You want Lido deck add $130. That $499 turns into $600 -$700 plus and your still in an inside room.

Bill

Hmm..Mine wasn't like that. I had to pay $40 extra dollars to be in a regular interior room without pull downs or bunks..then I got to choose whichever floor I wanted for free. So I chose the lido deck. Ours is a category 4h interior.

Hmm..Mine wasn't like that. I had to pay $40 extra dollars to be in a regular interior room without pull downs or bunks..then I got to choose whichever floor I wanted for free. So I chose the lido deck. Ours is a category 4h interior.

Could u try a mock booking fot the conquest 8 day sailing form fort lauderdale on 4/18/15 and see what price you get?

Tia

Bill

Could u try a mock booking fot the conquest 8 day sailing form fort lauderdale on 4/18/15 and see what price you get?

Tia

Bill

Sure will. Is that still considered past guest/early saver?

Thank you. I am on my phone right now. Much easier on a computer.

This is what I was going by....

[ATTACH]336011[/ATTACH]

Thanks again

Bill

Sent from Iphone 6 using Cruise Critic App

Is it just for 2 people? I price is coming up higher than in your pic

Mine comes up as early saver last call. So your price is better. What level vifp are you? I'm only red.

We are platinum. Im just looking for the best price and im not coming clise to that $499 if i dont want a 1a.

I doesnt matter how I get to that price lol.

Thanks for your patience.😄

Yes just 2 of us

Bill

Edited by S.S.Oceanlover

We are platinum. Im just looking for the best price and im not coming clise to that $499 if i dont want a 1a.

I doesnt matter how I get to that price lol.

Thanks for your patience.😄

Yes just 2 of us

Bill

The deal sounds good but once it's all said and done seems like there is always a catch!

The best price I am finding is the Early Saver Last Call with a $50 per cabin OBC. You pay $619 per person for a 4A category and receive a 4H cabin. Per your screen shot it looks like you are eligible for a special VIFP offer and that is why the price is so good. It doesn't show up for me but then again we never get any special offers. Check your special offers on carnival.com and see if it shows up there.

The deal sounds good but once it's all said and done seems like there is always a catch!

Thanks so much for trying. I used to be an old pro with CCL but we havent cruised with themin about 3 years and the booking process seems to be a bit conviluted compared to thestraight forward way it used to be.

Bill:)

The best price I am finding is the Early Saver Last Call with a $50 per cabin OBC. You pay $619 per person for a 4A category and receive a 4H cabin. Per your screen shot it looks like you are eligible for a special VIFP offer and that is why the price is so good. It doesn't show up for me but then again we never get any special offers. Check your special offers on carnival.com and see if it shows up there.

Yes thats the price I get when Im logged in but the rate doesnt seem to exist when trying to book online.

I guess I will try to call tomorrow.

Bill

I just did a mock booking and I see what you mean. The rate says $499, upgrades included, but when I go to select a room, it says it's an additional $6.30 per person per day in a 4A, upgrades included.

Looks like the $499 does not include upgrades. Very misleading.

I just did a mock booking and I see what you mean. The rate says $499, upgrades included, but when I go to select a room, it says it's an additional $6.30 per person per day in a 4A, upgrades included.

Looks like the $499 does not include upgrades. Very misleading.

Yeah! It doesn't make sense. Bait and switch.

I found this in Fare Viewer for the sailing you mentioned. This is for the Early Saver Last Call, so your exclusive deal is a better price, but I'm assuming the free upgrades work the same in both offers. If you read the "fine print" for your offer, it most probably says somewhere that a minimum of 4A is required for the included upgrades. They've been doing this for some time now, I think.

Untitled.jpg.89c1f81e9d565a68ef0814cd3db08173.jpg

Edited by CruzCrazy

I found this in Fare Viewer for the sailing you mentioned. This is for the Early Saver Last Call, so your exclusive deal is a better price, but I'm assuming the free upgrades work the same in both offers. If you read the "fine print" for your offer, it most probably says somewhere that a minimum of 4A is required for the included upgrades. They've been doing this for some time now, I think.

OK so in essence the deal they sent me does not exist.

As another poster said, bait and switch.:(

Bill

So is 4H considered the best category? For interior?

So is 4H considered the best category? For interior?

There are some 4J's on the Breeze. Not sure about other ships.

Not going to book the Carnival trip based on the higher than advertised prices.

We are already booked on the Caribbean Princess for the same week but have until Feb 1 to cancel without penalty.

We are paying $200 less on Princess with $200OBC as well.

Maybe if the prices come down a little more.

Bill