Eclipse baltic - how many teens and what nationality

catperson02

I have booked on the Eclipse to sail to the Baltic departing end of July 2016. My daughters have never been totally thrilled with the kids clubs on P&O who we have previously sailed with. They will be 16 and 17 (turning 18 in 2 months after we return - aaagh!) Having never sailed Celebrity before we were wondering how many other older teens to expect and whether they will be mainly British as it is sailing from Southampton. They are hoping to meet new friends from different countries.

This is no deal breaker as they will be perfectly happy doing their own thing and will be fairly tired after busy days ashore.

I intend to join the roll call nearer the time to see who is sailing and, lets face it, we have this years cruise to enjoy first (Rome and Florence so should be wonderful) but we are a family of planners so would really appreciate any advice on this or any other tips on how to get the most out of our cruise.

I have booked on the Eclipse to sail to the Baltic departing end of July 2016. My daughters have never been totally thrilled with the kids clubs on P&O who we have previously sailed with. They will be 16 and 17 (turning 18 in 2 months after we return - aaagh!) Having never sailed Celebrity before we were wondering how many other older teens to expect and whether they will be mainly British as it is sailing from Southampton. They are hoping to meet new friends from different countries.

This is no deal breaker as they will be perfectly happy doing their own thing and will be fairly tired after busy days ashore.

I intend to join the roll call nearer the time to see who is sailing and, lets face it, we have this years cruise to enjoy first (Rome and Florence so should be wonderful) but we are a family of planners so would really appreciate any advice on this or any other tips on how to get the most out of our cruise.

My teenage children had the best time two years ago on the Eclipse at the end of July. They became friends with kids from the US, GB and Australia, and they are still in touch with each other. I'm sharing a picture of my son with some of the friends he made on the Eclipse. Hope your daughters have as much fun as my children.

eclipse1.jpg.cef8e3ae16db298f6db790b726208931.jpg

our son had a great time on the Baltic cruise with celebrity. He was 16 at the time and we brought along his best friend who was almost 16. By the end of the 14 day cruise, there was a group of about 25 of them that went everywhere. Mostly US but some UK kids. By final night they were all upset to be leaving their "best friends". They've stayed on touch with facebook. The only down side was we were visiting amazing ports and all the boys could think about was getting back on the boat to hang with their friends.