The Caribbean Princess is a "Dirty Girl"

CineGraphic

I'm wondering if employees took off for Christmas and New Years, and there was nothing that Princess could do about the staffing.

If you are working on a ship, unless you quit, or have an emergency

at home, you don't get to choose when to leave. You work until

your contract is completed.

I remember having breakfast in the lido on the last morning on

one cruise. The girl serving us was crying while she was pouring

coffee. She was supposed to go home that day, but the maitre d'

was making her stay for two more cruises.

The only choice the worker really has is they can ask to stay on

longer, and the request might be granted.

If you are working on a ship, unless you quit, or have an emergency

at home, you don't get to choose when to leave. You work until

your contract is completed.

I remember having breakfast in the lido on the last morning on

one cruise. The girl serving us was crying while she was pouring

coffee. She was supposed to go home that day, but the maitre d'

was making her stay for two more cruises.

The only choice the worker really has is they can ask to stay on

longer, and the request might be granted.

Interesting. Thank you for the information, Pablo.

Sounds like someone had a rough time with other passengers & wants to blame the ship, crew & anyone else for a bad time.

We were on the CB in Sept and had a great time. The food (including the buffet) was great with no complaints to post. We enjoyed some of the crew (especially the bartenders) so much were even bringing them some gifts in a few weeks when we return.

I guess sailing during the holidays can try anyone's patience especially when they're away from home for 6 to 8 months at a time and have to put on a happy face when serving inpatient people. Taking a little time to actually talk to some of them might give a different prospective of their lives.

We were on the Royal just before Christmas and the guy at the Gelato counter looked depressed so we began to talk for a while. We found out that there was a typhoon headed for his home in the Philippines where his wife & child were. To make matters worse, last year a typhoon hit there and both his parents were killed. Sometimes it's hard for them to always be happy, but they do they best.

We were on the Regal this past December when a typhoon was approaching the Philippines. In speaking with some of the staff, which was largely Filipino, Princess to their great credit was making fre phone calls to the Philippines for those crew member affected.

We were on the Regal this past December when a typhoon was approaching the Philippines. In speaking with some of the staff, which was largely Filipino, Princess to their great credit was making fre phone calls to the Philippines for those crew member affected.

We were on the Royal at that time and found the same thing. On guy at the Gelato bar was pretty upset since his wife & child, living in a low area had to find accommodations inland.

He had lost both parents in the typhoon the year before under similar circumstances.

• 2 months later...

OP here, to address a few things since my original posting, the grout was not supposed to be brown, it's supposed to be white. You could see that it was still white under the sink. The brown film is most likely years worth of soap scum, dirt, dead skin and the like. The floor desperately needed a good steam cleaning. One does not expect to see burnt table tops or missing seat cushions on a luxury ship, or any passenger ship when it comes down to things. I did not want to ruin my vacation by complaining while on board, I had other things to do, like enjoy the weather and the company of my loving wife, although I'll consider complaining in the future if need be. Maybe they'll address the issues or move me to another cabin, anything is better than how Princess ended up handling my concerns. I sent them large, HQ photos, and their only reply was that to acknowledge my complaint, no apology, no explanation, nothing...they did not address the problems at all.