Birthdays

wilfros

Traveling with 3 of our Grandchildren one of whom is going to be celebrating a Birthday. I have noticed Disney has already noted his birthday on line without any input from us.

What I would like to know is if they will do anything special for the little fellow during the cruise to celebrate the occasion? Thanks

Traveling with 3 of our Grandchildren one of whom is going to be celebrating a Birthday. I have noticed Disney has already noted his birthday on line without any input from us.

What I would like to know is if they will do anything special for the little fellow during the cruise to celebrate the occasion? Thanks

Birthday button (usually given at dinner that night, but you can pick them up earlier in the day at Guest Services):

2zr0vw2.png

And a small chocolate-mousse cake for the birthday boy (accompanied, usually, with a small group of servers singing Happy Birthday):

15p1vs5.jpg

Just out of interest & for my own info - where did Disney note ur g'son's b'day? I ask as it will b my DS's b'day during r med cruise and was told I should contact DCL and have it noted against r reservation. Thanks.

Just out of interest & for my own info - where did Disney note ur g'son's b'day? I ask as it will b my DS's b'day during r med cruise and was told I should contact DCL and have it noted against r reservation. Thanks.

You must be practicing your pirate talk.

All you need to do is to call DCL (they typically ask if there are any celebrations when you book). Obviously, they know the date, but they will make a special note of the birthday on the reservation. This info is then sent to the dining team to arrange the celebration. On the first or second night, the head server will talk with you to be sure which night you want the cake served. On normal cruises, the discussion is always on the first night, but with the longer med cruises, it can be delayed. And they know to always catch the mom away from the child so it can be a surprise if you wish.