Cat 4J bump

Ellie42699

I have a HC accessible 4J booked for my upcoming Liberty trip. I'm not in need of a HC room and booked it because it was available through Carnival. I do realize that I could be bumped if someone is in need of it and certainly don't have a problem with that. My question for those who have been bumped, did you find out before sailing you were bumped or when you checked in? There are still 4J's available on my sailing but if I was to get bumped when would I find out? Would my stateroom number change on my booking to the new cabin? Would I then have the opportunity to upgrade (pay difference) to a balcony if one was available?

If there are other 4j's available on your sailing, would it be possible that some of those may not be HC ? Perhaps moving to a non-H/C cabin would insure that you would not be bumped and still be able to enjoy the same category in which you originally booked.

:):)

If there are other 4j's available on your sailing, would it be possible that some of those may not be HC ? Perhaps moving to a non-H/C cabin would insure that you would not be bumped and still be able to enjoy the same category in which you originally booked.

:):)

Thanks Cari!

All 4j's left are HC. I would of definetly booked one if one was available. I keep checking to see if one becomes available but nothing yet.

Even if he had offered an ocean view i would have graciously accepted, knowing when i booked i could be asked to move. His attitude was sort of, we wont ask you to go to an ocean view ( as they are deck 1 and 2) as you are on a high deck, we will offer you a balcony on a similar deck

i think they were wonderful about it... i would had gone to another inside without a word.

That was very nice! But they would not put you in an interior. When Carnival bumps you, they need to put you in an equal or higher available category. 4J is the highest cabin category on most ships, so they will bump you automatically to an Ocean View. If there are no OVs available, you will be upgraded to a balcony or sometimes even a suite.

I have a HC accessible 4J booked for my upcoming Liberty trip. I'm not in need of a HC room and booked it because it was available through Carnival. I do realize that I could be bumped if someone is in need of it and certainly don't have a problem with that. My question for those who have been bumped, did you find out before sailing you were bumped or when you checked in? There are still 4J's available on my sailing but if I was to get bumped when would I find out? Would my stateroom number change on my booking to the new cabin? Would I then have the opportunity to upgrade (pay difference) to a balcony if one was available?

I had the Spa equivalent of the 4J HC room booked (can't remember the category) and got bumped (they called me) to a Spa balcony on my last cruise (Magic). :)