Haven H5 Courtyard Penthouse 16130 on the Getaway

cruisebie

I am considering moving to suite 16130 on the Getaway due to the longer balcony. I wonder if anyone who has sailed in this cabin could give me some feedback about possible noise issues. This is the first cabin on the hallway, and there is both the key card access door and the door to Haven cabin hallway in close proximity. Did anyone experience noise issues due to these doors? Either from the doors slamming or from people talking as they walk by? Also, above is the public sun deck area, any noise from this area?

Thanks for any input you can give.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did anyone experience noise issues due to these doors? Either from the doors slamming or from people talking as they walk by? Also, above is the public sun deck area, any noise from this area?

We have sailed in the like Haven unit on the Gem, and had no issues with noise at all. Hopefully for you it will be the same.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

I stayed in that room in October. I hardly noticed noise from being by the hallway door that would be above and beyond the typical noise from a hallway. In fact, it is probably quieter, because people went into the haven lounge first and went to their room from the lounge via another door away from your room.

Noise from the deck was barely noticeable. The biggest noise issue was from people stomping up and down the stairway that is right outside the wall. However, it was not really a big deal.

The extra balcony space was very nice. I would point out that there is not much privacy on this balcony. You are right next to the public deck that angles out away from the ship a bit. I had several times where I would be out on the balcony and have somebody looking right at me from the public deck.

The extra balcony space was very nice. I would point out that there is not much privacy on this balcony. You are right next to the public deck that angles out away from the ship a bit. I had several times where I would be out on the balcony and have somebody looking right at me from the public deck.

Thanks, chris6084. I saw a picture of the balcony on another cruise website and I thought there would be a lack of privacy. Did you feel the trade off between privacy and the longer balcony was worth it?

Thanks, chris6084. I saw a picture of the balcony on another cruise website and I thought there would be a lack of privacy. Did you feel the trade off between privacy and the longer balcony was worth it?

I think it may be. If you sit by the end of the balcony against the wall shared with the public deck, nobody can see you, so it is not too bad. Also, it did not seem to be an issue at all at night.

• 2 weeks later...

Our son was very happy with this suite and the only problem he encountered was noise about 5 AM each morning when chairs were being set out on the deck above. He was thrilled with The Haven and couldn't say enough good things about the concierge Noemi (assistant to Concierge Adrian at the time). Noemi is now full Concierge (Adrian has left for vacation). You likely will be very happy with your suite!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, WatchDiva! That is great to know. I'll just put a white noise app on my phone and the noise from the deck chairs will probably not even phase me. I sleep so much better on a cruise anyway!