RCI Cruiser Jumping Ship to NCL

beagledude

We have sailed six times exclusively on RCI. We travel with our two young adult daughers and are fortunate enough to always stay in the Royal Suite, generally about 1,300 sq ft and always have been treated very, very well. We have heard that the "suite life" on NCL is superior to RCI. We are looking at an Alaska itinerary in a Haven Owner's Suite on the Jewel. Have a few questions and want to set expectations appropriately.

I understand that the Owner's Suite on the Jewel is not in the Haven complex and is four or five decks below the Haven. Not too worried about that since it being an Alaska cruise, probably won't be spending time at the pool. Jacuzzi and breakfast we would use. Any issues outside of it not being right there?

Also not too concerned about the 800 sq ft for the room as long as there is a queen soft that is fairly comfortable. Any experience with the accommodations?

We usually dine in the specialty restaurants and have not sailed on RCI's largest ships so we are used to rotating between just a couple. I'm looking forward to having a larger selection.

Any insights or comparisions would be welcome. We are looking forward to trying something different!

We have sailed RCI twice, Holland America once and 6 NCL cruises including the Jewel twice, once in the Haven and once in the Owners Suite. Once you experience the Suite life on NCL there is a very strong possibility this will be the only way you cruise. I really don't have any negatives at all for the OS, you will have quality accomidations, quality service and the most relaxing experience. I hope you enjoy her, welcome to NCL.