MSC Divina - 23 April 2016 Repositioning

AVACTION

I have been looking for this trip through MSC and they do not appear to be marketing it direct, I have found it on some U.S. travel agent's websites but do not want to book until after our 2015 cruise which will bump us up to Silver or Gold (depending on on board spend).

On the websites I have looked at there are only 5 YC1 cabins available.

Is this a common method with MSC to release cabins to travel agents before offering it themselves, and should I jump in now to reserve a cabin or do you think that there are actually more cabins available which will be available at a later date?

Thanks

Yacht Club cabins go fast. If you really want one (and I think you would be shooting yourself in the foot not to have one), you should book now. They will probably be gone soon. Having been in the YC many times, I highly recommend it.

If you do plan to eventually book it through a US site (?), many of our agencies have a policy where you can book now, and then cancel later w/o paying any penalty--b/c your cruise is so far out. Just make sure to read the fine print, the time frames when different penalties will start to apply.

You could call one or two of the agencies and explain what you want to do, and see if they can work w/ you. Also, they can double-check for you about how many YC cabins are showing up as still available.

If you do plan to eventually book it through a US site (?), many of our agencies have a policy where you can book now, and then cancel later w/o paying any penalty--b/c your cruise is so far out. Just make sure to read the fine print, the time frames when different penalties will start to apply.

You could call one or two of the agencies and explain what you want to do, and see if they can work w/ you. Also, they can double-check for you about how many YC cabins are showing up as still available.

Thanks for that. I booked a cruise with MSC last year through a travel agent in Florida and they were very helpful, so I will try them again. MSC in Australia are not very helpful and the deposits are non-refundable here ($400 pp).

Thanks for that. I booked a cruise with MSC last year through a travel agent in Florida and they were very helpful, so I will try them again. MSC in Australia are not very helpful and the deposits are non-refundable here ($400 pp).

When ur signed up - come on over and enjoy our roll call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When ur signed up - come on over and enjoy our roll call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bit the bullet and booked. There were only four suites available in YC so we went ahead with it. Yes I have joined the roll call ... Long way in the future, I don't usually book holidays this far in advance ....

• 4 weeks later...
Yacht Club cabins go fast. If you really want one (and I think you would be shooting yourself in the foot not to have one), you should book now. They will probably be gone soon. Having been in the YC many times, I highly recommend it.

Happy to see you on the MSC boards! We just booked YC on the Splendida from Hamburg July 29. That roll call is quite slow so hope it picks up a bit. Looking forward to an amazing experience.

Best,

Andy and Arlene

Edited by JazzDrew