Shows and MDR Late seating

bugsy777

What time are the late shows? I intend to pick the late seating and wonder whether I will be able to attend the late shows assuming that there are late shows. Thanks

Which ship?

Dinner and show times are not standard across the fleet. They vary by where the ship is sailing and also whether it is summer or winter. times are earliest on US sailings and latest on South American, with others falling somewhere in between.

They have now consistently moved to show before dinner for those on second seating and after dinner for those on first.

That's correct. Shows precede 2nd seating and supersede first. I don't remember any shows at 10:45pm but there is a movie on open deck at around this time. One day there was an extra opera show at 4pm (to cater to both time slots).

On my sailing aboard the Divina out of Miami (just debarked on the 13th two days ago) the dining and show schedule was as follows:

1st dinner seating: 6 PM - Show for 1st seating: 8:45 PM

2nd dinner seating: 8:30 PM - Show for 2nd seating: 10:45 PM

I'd be happy to provide a copy of the Daily from my sailing. I attended the 10:45 PM showing so at least on my sailing, I can confirm the time is correct. I remember being able to make Kareoke just in time that started at 11:30 PM.

On my sailing aboard the Divina out of Miami (just debarked on the 13th two days ago) the dining and show schedule was as follows:

1st dinner seating: 6 PM - Show for 1st seating: 8:45 PM

2nd dinner seating: 8:30 PM - Show for 2nd seating: 10:45 PM

I'd be happy to provide a copy of the Daily from my sailing. I attended the 10:45 PM showing so at least on my sailing, I can confirm the time is correct. I remember being able to make Kareoke just in time that started at 11:30 PM.

Oh I do hope that is a permanent switch for those on second dinner. They used to have the second show after second dinner and I much preferred that. They switched because too many people were moaning that 10.45pm was too late.

Yeah, I can understand that some people may feel that 10:45 PM is too late but if you choose 8:30 PM as your dining time (which I did) chances are you are a night owl and like to stay up late. I know I do. I wouldn't have liked it if the show was before dinner. So hopefully for your sake, it stays that way.

If you prefer an earlier show time than just select 1st seating for dinner and you should be done with dinner & the show by 9:45 PM.

I would probably choose to cancel a scheduled cruise that did the shows after dinner. At dinner, we eat too much and drink our wine. We'd fall asleep during the shows!

We have been on 17+ cruises across seven cruise lines. We have ALWAYS selected late dining and been able to see the shows before dinner. That's pretty much non negotiable for us. So - thanks for the heads up that MSC might be changing this schedule. As much as we loved out Oct 2014 trip on the Divina, I won't rebook if this is accurate.

I would probably choose to cancel a scheduled cruise that did the shows after dinner. At dinner, we eat too much and drink our wine. We'd fall asleep during the shows!

We have been on 17+ cruises across seven cruise lines. We have ALWAYS selected late dining and been able to see the shows before dinner. That's pretty much non negotiable for us. So - thanks for the heads up that MSC might be changing this schedule. As much as we loved out Oct 2014 trip on the Divina, I won't rebook if this is accurate.

There is no guarantee what will happen on your sailing but on my sailing on January 11th that is how it was done. I'll be sailing on the Divina in March and I can report then if they do the same thing again. In my case, I prefer it that way.

But if it is a non negotiable for you then yes, I would certainly consider booking another cruise line instead.