Asia...lots of questions

CocaColaCruiser

It has been since 1988 when I was last in Asia so I know many things have changed. Each day I seem to have more questions about our cruise...figured this was the best place to find some answers.

Has anyone been to the ports in Viet Nam that we will be visiting on Nautica's Feb. 20, 2006, cruise from Bangkok to Beijing? If so, what have you experienced in the different ports that you would suggest we do? What about private tours in Viet Nam?

Has anyone taken Oceania's tours or planned any of your own in the different Asian ports?

Wonder if Oceania might offer an overnight from Shanghi to Xi'an.

Where have you stayed in Beijing after your cruise? Did you use the ship's transfers?

Sorry I have so many questions. Can you tell I'm ready go? Thanks for you help in advance. Karen

Hiya Karen

We haven't experienced Asia with Oceania, but been there half dozen times with Princess and the late great Royal Cruise Lines.

There is a lot of information available in the Asia Forum of cruise critic - some of which should be applicable to the new kid on the block, Oceania.

Oceania has not sailed in Asia before. We are on the Beijing to Hong Kong cruise next March. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt in Beijing for 5 days before the cruise. Oceania will using the Shangri-La Hotel which looks to be a fine hotel, but seems to be located far from the things we want to see and experience in Beijing.

There is a special Oceania group at Yahoo groups with lots of info.

Yahoo! Groups : oceaniaasiacruises

Archived