Need ideas on where to keep ...

eminence_front

i have only been on one cruise, but i bought a fanny pack, put it around my waist, and put all our passports, sail n signs etc in it, and left my purse in the safe in my room.

Denise

EF, I got a bill/mail/coupon style holder from Target. It's accordian style with about a dozen and a half pockets. Everything fits nicely and I found I can place everything in it in the order I need them. When packed I can slide it in the back pocket of my camera/camcorder bag. Has worked out well.

EF, I got a bill/mail/coupon style holder from Target. It's accordian style with about a dozen and a half pockets. Everything fits nicely and I found I can place everything in it in the order I need them. When packed I can slide it in the back pocket of my camera/camcorder bag. Has worked out well.

I bought the same thing. I categorized everything with the tabs...such as Airline Tickets, Cruise Docs, Printed Fun Pass, SS Cards/BC's, and each port has it's own with excursion confirmations printed from the internet....etc.... Very organized.

i have only been on one cruise, but i bought a fanny pack, put it around my waist, and put all our passports, sail n signs etc in it, and left my purse in the safe in my room.Denise

when out and about on a ship- youonly need your sign and sail card. Everything else can be left in the safe in the cabin.

Em, about four cruises ago, I bought a red document folder at WalMart (.99), and it's just slightly larger than a legal size envelope. Plenty of room in there for everything you mentioned, plus. Has a rubberband type thing that keeps it all shut. RED, because it's easy to find. This goes into a side pocket of my tote bag, easy to get to. When on the ship, the folder goes into the safe.

Why are you taking your marriage license?

don't be embarrased. I am also taking mine - mostly because you never know...and also because I am traveling w/ our 4 children alone - two of which are stepchildren. I'm sure I'm going to have a heck of a time getting on the boat. Myself, two step children, two biological children, no husband and notarized letters from BOTH parents. Whew - I pity whoever is behind me in line ~!

don't be embarrased. I am also taking mine - mostly because you never know...and also because I am traveling w/ our 4 children alone - two of which are stepchildren. I'm sure I'm going to have a heck of a time getting on the boat. Myself, two step children, two biological children, no husband and notarized letters from BOTH parents. Whew - I pity whoever is behind me in line ~!

You are a brave women!!!!! How old are the kids???? I work at an airport and when I see women traveling alone with kids.... I think, man does she have her hands full. Good Luck and have a great time.

This is what I used also. It worked great!

Why are you taking your marriage license?

I took my marriage license because I didn't have a passport. Since your married name is different than your maiden name on your birth certificate, I wanted to be able to show a document with my married name on it. :)

Sorry for asking a question that has already been asked but I am confused and wanted to make sure I understand correctly. I do not have to worry about taking a passport or birth certificate with me when I get off the ship at each port? (It has been a couple of years since my last cruise.) Do I only need my S&S card? I thought that is all I took with me last time.

I took my marriage license because I didn't have a passport. Since your married name is different than your maiden name on your birth certificate, I wanted to be able to show a document with my married name on it. :)

Mom, doesn't your driver's license have your married name on it?

I think maybe this bears repeating:

If Carnival required a marriage license, it would be so stated in their ID requirements....and it's not mentioned anywhere. They, along with everybody else, realizes that most women have a different name from the one on their b/cert. Only a new bride would need a m.license to show the recent change of name if they aren't the same as on the docs.

As long as the picture ID name and the name on the documents match, you're good to go.:) Ten cruises, and I've never taken my marriage license, and have never been asked for it.

Steph, you need to take your S&S card and a picture ID - like D.L. or passport. At some ports, officials ask to see your ship's card and a picture ID before allowing you to return to your ship. This has happened to me each time on Cozumel.

For those of you interested in a document holder, I know the envelope-type ones at Wal-Mart work just fine, but if you plan to frequently cruise and want something that will last for years, LL Bean makes several document holders, found on this page:

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=4531&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&feat=dp50

I own the "Ticket Organizer" one in blue, and I love it! I travel frequently, and it has plenty of space and organized compartments to put everything I can think of in (and then some). At $19, it's a great bargain with how well it is made and how much use I get out of it (and will in the future).

You are a brave women!!!!! How old are the kids???? I work at an airport and when I see women traveling alone with kids.... I think, man does she have her hands full. Good Luck and have a great time.

My children are 15, 13, 9 and 6....they are all pretty well behaved, and if I keep them busy during the trip/in the airport, etc then all should go well. However, If I cannot handle things, I will also be w/ my parents, MIL, aunts, uncles, etc. So - technically, I will not be alone. :)

Mom, doesn't your driver's license have your married name on it?

I think maybe this bears repeating:

If Carnival required a marriage license, it would be so stated in their ID requirements....and it's not mentioned anywhere. They, along with everybody else, realizes that most women have a different name from the one on their b/cert. Only a new bride would need a m.license to show the recent change of name if they aren't the same as on the docs.

As long as the picture ID name and the name on the documents match, you're good to go.:) Ten cruises, and I've never taken my marriage license, and have never been asked for it.

Cotton, that makes sense. My driver's license does have my married name on it (been married 26 years). I guess I'm just a bit of an over-cautious planner! :D

Cotton, I hope you and your loved ones are safe from Katrina. Our thoughts are with all of you that are in the path of the hurricane.

all i know is i dont like problems. i see people all the time with the birth cert problem. if u dont have a passport yet, take birth cert and marriage license copies. not a big deal just a piece of paper. your drivers license states your married name, your birth states your birth name. marriage shows both. i met some people in the bahamas one time that missed their flight from the states because she showed up without a marriage license. ya need it to show both of your names, it sucks for us women. i use a passport, i still take copies of birth cert/marr license, it is only a piece of paper. no weight. some place r weird, save the headache. have fun! ps, make sure your cert has the raised seal on it, they sure feel it up!!

Last summer when we first started planning our Fantasy cruise, my TA insisted that my mom have a copy of her marriage license to take on the trip just in case she ran into problems with her name change. If he was alive, she and my dad would've celebrated 50 years this Saturday. But she still took her marriage license and birth certificate with her. They never asked her for it (the marriage certificate), but the TA said to bring it just in case. For the next trip we will have to get passports, so I guess it is good we got the copies of everything now? :rolleyes:

Archived