Question about the cabin stewards

eminence_front

Do the stewards do housekeeping, i.e., make beds, change sheets, clean the bathroom, in your room, or do they have separate housekeeping staff for that?

(You can tell I haven't been on my first cruise yet. :rolleyes: I will on 9/10, though. :D )

Your steward will also keep ice in the bucket for you, turn down the beds at night while you are at dinner, make towel animals for you,

Your steward will let you kow hwat times he is available should you need to page him...

They are great people, I wish I could have brought a steward home with me just to turn down the bed at night and make towel animals for me...

LOL

have fun

Cabin stewards are off during the hours of noon til 5. Takepost it notes and leave a note on the bed or mirror if you need something.

Our last cabin steward had over 20 cabins to clean twice a day. But the room was always cleaned. fresh towels all the time. ice twice daily.

Em, the cabin steward does just about everything you can imagine. They not only...

make the beds

vacuum the cabin

clean the bathroom

leave fresh towels

refill your ice bucket twice a day

bring your daily Capers - ship's newsletter

make cute little towel animals

turn down beds at night.....

but they also leave chocolate mints on pillows!:)

They're on call most of the day, but there's a window of time (maybe noon-5?) that they're "off duty". There's be a note in the cabin about paging the steward, etc.

Gotta love a good room steward! They probably won't change the sheets unless you ask for that to be done. Hopefully, they'll be clean, new sheets when you board, then they get changed for the next cruise . . . hopefully.

Our room stewart was great. Yes we know he/she gets a portion of the tip which is automatically charged to your room, but we still tipped him an extra $10 on the first day. We told him we knew how much he was going to be doing for us during the trip. Also told him, and followed thru, that we would tip him more in cash at the end of the trip if service was what we heard it would be. The guy was like our personal butler. He was there everytime we turned around. We had no wants that went unattended.

Archived