Sunshine January 3-10, 2015

GAMOM4

We have just got back from the Carnival Sunshine this past Saturday. Had an absolutely wonderful time. Stayed in cabin 9221 on the Lido Deck .... the last balcony cabin before you walk out on the deck .. this is the 2nd time I have stayed in this same cabin and I think it is the best!

We only went in the main dining room one time and that was for brunch on the last sea day and that was only to get our free drink (I think making you go to the dining room for breakfast or brunch one to get the free drink is an awful idea ..... but I have been thinking that since they implemented it .......guess it saves them money because I am sure alot of people just don't use the free coupons)

Guys Burgers were as great as I remembered ...... Jamie Dee has just as much energy and excitement as she did in May when I was on the Sunshine.

The Western route took me to 3 ports I had never been to before ... I was not looking forward to Belize or Roatan at all .... but we did Starfish Island through Carnival in Belize and absolutely loved it ..the tender boat took us straight from the ship to the island and back. In Roatan we did the sky lift to the beach which we paid for through Carnival ..... loved it as well.

I had no complaints the entire cruise about anything. Any questions feel free to ask :)

We're booked on the Sunshine room 9179 in late June. Glad to hear a good review after seeing so many not so good. I'm not sure the Sunshine will live up to the Breeze (last June), so I'm lowering my expectations.

Did you eat at the Steakhouse or do the Dr. Seuss breakfast?

Glad to hear you had a good trip. We are booked for the Sunshine in March with a good size group, and have your room (9179) and 7 of the next 11 down the hall to 9189 (connecting balconies on many!). Think we made a good choice on room selection. Reading the reviews for the past year on this ship, seems like a lot of people like the ship, and the complaints are for things that would have little impact on my vacation (difficult to navigate, long lines at the buffet, standing in line at comedy club, a blocked toilet, a leak in a hallway someone walked down, towels left reserving deck chairs at 6am, etc.) Looking forward to the top deck, ropes course, pools, slides, etc.

We have a balcony cabin on the Lido deck on our upcoming cruise on the Sunshine. Was there a lot of foot traffic through the hallway from people just passing through?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Deck 9 should be ok - you're right there on Lido so food, drinks and sun are only a few steps away. You'd only be one flight down from the sports square.

I stayed on deck six during the Jan. 3 sailing. Since deck 5 is the main passageway from one end of the ship to the other - and home to alchemy, red frog, and the main theatre - that worked for us. MDR is on 3, so that would be a bit of a climb for you.

Not at all - in fact we commented about how we were (somewhat) right under the Alchemy bar (in 6317) where there was often live music and we never heard anything in our cabin.

We thought deck 6 was ideal - but we don't generally hang out by the pool so we didn't really need to be particularly close to that deck.

I was in 8256 the same week. My only complaint was loud noises above our cabin around 4 am. Found out that it was staff pushing carts. When eating in the buffet area, I saw one of the carts...small hard wheeled type. I think it would be better if they used carts that had air filled tires...that would eliminate the cart noise across the tiled floor.

At her than that, everything was great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have just got back from the Carnival Sunshine this past Saturday. Had an absolutely wonderful time. Stayed in cabin 9221 on the Lido Deck .... the last balcony cabin before you walk out on the deck .. this is the 2nd time I have stayed in this same cabin and I think it is the best!

We only went in the main dining room one time and that was for brunch on the last sea day and that was only to get our free drink (I think making you go to the dining room for breakfast or brunch one to get the free drink is an awful idea ..... but I have been thinking that since they implemented it .......guess it saves them money because I am sure alot of people just don't use the free coupons)

Guys Burgers were as great as I remembered ...... Jamie Dee has just as much energy and excitement as she did in May when I was on the Sunshine.

The Western route took me to 3 ports I had never been to before ... I was not looking forward to Belize or Roatan at all .... but we did Starfish Island through Carnival in Belize and absolutely loved it ..the tender boat took us straight from the ship to the island and back. In Roatan we did the sky lift to the beach which we paid for through Carnival ..... loved it as well.

I had no complaints the entire cruise about anything. Any questions feel free to ask :)

We are looking into this ship for a later cruise and have always stayed on the 6 or 7th floors on other ships. Due to the non-smoking on the balconies, we are thinking of booking the lido deck for easy access for our friends. Don't want to start any issues but how is this in relationship to that if you know. Thank-You

• 2 months later...

any noise from above? was there a lot of foot traffic in the hallway at night?

please tell me which way the bed is positioned..(head...left to right,when looking from door to balcony,:D or reverse.My husband always has to be on a certain side because of missing left hand...Some cabins we have been in were great..he was by window...otherwise I wake him up at night on trips to br.lol...just asking. no flames from other members,please. thanks:):)

We never heard any foot traffic from above......my husband passed away in 2013 so I was on this cruise with a friend both beds had the head of the bed on the same wall as the couch and the one I slept in was right beside the balcony window.:)

Thanks for the answer.one more question..when you enter the room,was The couch,and bed heads, on the left wall, or right wall? On the fantasy ,the room layout alternates,one room headboards on left,the next they are on right.really appreciate your time...Kathy