Question on Orange Fever from ship

royal girl

Hi everyone. Starting to make plans for our Oasis cruise in April! :p

How do you get to Orange Fever? I understand it's on Orient Beach, but do you just take any cab to Orient Beach and walk until you find it? Or do you ask the taxi to drop you off right at OF? These beach bars look like they are right next to each other, so I'm a little confused. But OF seems to have good reviews on chairs & beers!

Also, I'm guessing getting back to the ship is no problem with taxis? First time in St. Martin! :cool:

Yes, I read that too! When are u going? I'm going 2/14....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Would love to hear how the beach is since the hurricane, have been to orient before and love it, some posts saying seaweed is bad, we are going to be there last week of February. We like to take a taxi from the port to Marigot french pasty cafe, grab some items there and then head to orient beach.

Would love to hear how the beach is since the hurricane, have been to orient before and love it, some posts saying seaweed is bad, we are going to be there last week of February. We like to take a taxi from the port to Marigot french pasty cafe, grab some items there and then head to orient beach.

I was there on Jan 15th and everything was back to normal! :)

Edited by linel

Linel, how's the seaweed? Erosion?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There was hardly any seaweed on January 15th and the beach lost a bit of surface but not so much. I've been going there for years and it seems the beach erodes a bit every year.

Edited by linel

Linel, would it be presumptuous of me to say I love you! Thanks so much! I always go to Orient Beach, and with my trip in 20 days, 2 of my 3 destinations had issues.....now, one is resolved. I just have to think about Nassau, where I have been going to the Melia, formerly Sheraton. It's currently under construction on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

One must remember that all these beaches are relatively fragile, and any storm or wild weather can change a beach almost (literally) overnight.

For Orient Beach, you can just take a peek at the Club Orient Webcam to see what the live condition of the beach happens to be.

Their camera is at The Perch, located on the Northern edge of Club Orient property, and points towards Pedro's and (beyond) Orange Fever. Orange Fever is probably less than 200 yards from the camera.

gary