Newbee for Azamar and so many different info

Henk123

We are looking for maybe this time a cruise with Azamara Journey in a V1, 2 or 3 cabin but so many different info overal. So these questions to you who have sailed with this cruise line.

1. Special restaurant: I see a package price but several prices for one time and some times one night free for each restaurant if you are in a suite or 3 for higher. So what is the true?

2. The safe in the cabin you must pay for?

3. Azamara is now all included. But I read some where the wine is only the "wine of the day" but also found a list with what is all included and there where several wines on it. What is it?

4. The frige in the cabin is filled but alcohol from the frige you must pay?

5. Is the internet speed on board oke? So we lose most off the minutes on bad/slow acces and not on realy mailing/surfing the web?

I hope to get a lot of answers and hopefull identical answers:D

Edited by Henk123

We are looking for maybe this time a cruise with Azamara Journey in a V1, 2 or 3 cabin but so many different info overal. So these questions to you who have sailed with this cruise line.

1. Special restaurant: I see a package price but several prices for one time and some times one night free for each restaurant if you are in a suite or 3 for higher. So what is the true?

2. The safe in the cabin you must pay for?

3. Azamara is now all included. But I read some where the wine is only the "wine of the day" but also found a list with what is all included and there where several wines on it. What is it?

4. The frige in the cabin is filled but alcohol from the frige you must pay?

5. Is the internet speed on board oke? So we lose most off the minutes on bad/slow acces and not on realy mailing/surfing the web?

I hope to get a lot of answers and hopefull identical answers:D

Hi

I can help with some of your questions

1 if you are in a Suite then speciality restaurants are included at no extra charge. Other than that a charge of $25pp is made. They have introduced some packages at a small saving for multiple bookings but I can't remember the price

2 You do not have to pay for the safe

3there are a red and white and usually arose on offer for the included wines each day. If you find one you particulary like you can often request this on another day.Of course there is an extensive wine list for purchase. Wine is very subjective but we have found the inclusive wines very palatable

4 Soft drinks in the fridge are included but you must pay for any alcohol taken

5 The Internet can be quite slow or sometimes fails, it works better at some locations on the ship

Hope this helps

Vicki

Vicki, Thanks for the quick answers.

New reply questions :)

In the list of complemantary drinks I see big list. With exemple the first 3 on the list:

- Kato Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)

- Bulletin Place Shiraz (Australia)

- Gérard Bertrand Chardonnay Réserve Spéciale (France)

So there is everyday an one served from this list? But I can ask for an other one from the list?

We were on de Regents and there it is with dinner one of the list (but also ask for an other one) but in the bar you can other from the complete list.

Edited by Henk123

Some more answers:

1- same as Vicki. Packages are ok value, if that is what you are after. $60 for a package of 3, 1 night at each specialty the 3rd your choice. Aqualina is modern Italian (don't go pass the soufflé -it is amazing), & Prime C is a steakhouse. This under sells Prime C, or at least that was our perception, but it has many choices & the dining is as good as Aqualina. Aqualina is lighter & Prime C darker with their lighting & decor. You can also purchase a Chef's Table option, that is prepared for by the executive chef for around 12 people maximum. There are 3 choices of cuisine: French, Californian & can't remember the 3rd option. The meal (4 or 5 courses) comes with a wine pairing for each course. The sommelier is there & discusses the wines with you in detail. This costs $115. Again you can get deals: $160 I think gets you the Chef's Table & 1 each of the specialty restaurants. We tried all 3 and enjoyed each one immensely (again don't go past the soufflé!).

2- what Vicki said

3- Azamara is not all included- they have another name for it, but essentially it is 'most included', this is where you will be coming up with different lists. Then there is different tiers to the alcohol packages, basic, premium and super platinum, or something like that, with different wines, spirits & liqueurs included on each level. All very confusing and they will ask you several times on the first few days if you would like to upgrade. We found the house wines to be very acceptable. They work on a 7 or 10 day rotation, so they always have a bottle available if you have preferred a wine from previous days. We found the complimentary beverages more than adequate for us over our 30 days on board. The lists are the same at any of the restaurants or bars on ship.

4- what Vicki said. Just order from the bar and take it back to your room, perfectly acceptable. Soft are free from your cabin fridge.

5- as Vicki said. Not too bad if you are just off shore, but still slow to what we expected, when you are way out to sea, forget it! It was a real lag between signing out & actually being signed out- sometimes this can take up to 6 minutes, & sometimes you thought you had signed out but hadn't. Not really useful for reading papers etc, ok for spot checking emails or social media, every once in a while. Again, I emphasize how very slow it is.

I was on the Quest in November 2014. Bottled water is supplied in your cabin & also in the gym & prior to leaving for excursions they usually have a supply before the gang way for you to grab one on your way out. The cafe is also free mostly, but you can purchase some specialty coffees, we just stuck to the freebies. Hot chocolate to go was great as we were heading to lectures, up on deck or to bed!

Hope this all helps,

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

There is also the availability of purchasing a pass to be able to use the Thessaloniki spa pool ($20 per day or $90 per cruise, $150 per cruise per couple) which gives you access to the Thessaloniki spa pool (lovely & warm with very robust bubbles) and deck area on deck 10 forward. They have lounges & chairs here & it isn't usually as crowded as the pool deck, especially in temperate climates & sea days. So depends on yourselves, your itinerary & season if this may be of value to you. We did for our first cruise in a b2b but not the second (due to sea days), & found that we used it a lot during this time.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk