1/15/2015 24 hour sale

Viscus

Someone said these were L. A. Cruises? Meaning Los Angeles? We are a 6 hr drive from the port. I'd better look a bit closer lol. Where does everyone find these cruise listing? Is it in the cruise critics email?

Sadly, it's all done and over now. The super low fares were up for maybe an hour last night. Then more plausible ones (that seemed to change every few minutes) were up for the other 23 hours of the sale that ended a couple hours ago.

How often does Carnival run these short sales? The cruise we're booked on in February was booked during the sale they had around Thanksgiving, so about 2 months ago. We got lucky and have a great PVP who has kept me aware of sales, just curious though.

Sadly, it's all done and over now. The super low fares were up for maybe an hour last night. Then more plausible ones (that seemed to change every few minutes) were up for the other 23 hours of the sale that ended a couple hours ago.

Oh well but it's interesting to hear about the sales. Maybe I'll get on their email list and look next time they have a sale. Is that how you find the sales?

Oh well but it's interesting to hear about the sales. Maybe I'll get on their email list and look next time they have a sale. Is that how you find the sales?

Best way I've found is to find a good PVP through carnival and browse this section for threads like this. Other than that, just monitoring of the "Your Cruise Deals" section you can get to by clicking the link at the top of the carnival website. They don't always email about all of their sales.

Best way I've found is to find a good PVP through carnival and browse this section for threads like this. Other than that, just monitoring of the "Your Cruise Deals" section you can get to by clicking the link at the top of the carnival website. They don't always email about all of their sales.

Ok. I've cruised about 4 times but not sure what PVP is lol. Some financial considerations have turned around recently and we'd like to start cruising more often after we get back from Hawaii in a month. Thanks for the info Viscus.[emoji4]

PVP's are Personal Vacation Planners, kind of like travel agents, but they work directly for Carnival. If you can find a good one, they make things a million times easier. Sadly, I can't recommend mine on these forums.

Ohhhhh ok I tried to figure it out...ok thank you. Yes at times we've had calls from one with HAL but we hadn't gone in that direction yet. We were thinking Panama Canal but I just read that the airfare to Europe has dropped be a use of the higher value of the USD in Europe so we may start looking for a European cruise.

We booked the Fascination for Feb. 23 and got it for 175 pp. Will you be on that one??

We are on the Feb. 28th sailing. I am sorry we will miss you!

Edited to say that it will be interesting to see where we end up on the ship. It is TBA. I am Platinum so I am hoping they will do right by me with a decent location.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

I have been watching a certain cruise for a few weeks. Never a price change. I

went to that roll call and chatted with a few people. Someone had

mentioned about the sale so I waited to see if I could get a deal. I

went on Carnival about 8:00am yesterday. The price did drop. I

didn't get a great deal like some but this 7 nighter went from

479.00PP to 245.00PP. I put a hold on it and asked my husband

if he could go in March on such short notice. He checked and put

in for the time off. I paid last night and my hold still had 245.00PP

I am really pleased at what I got :) I love Carnival! :D

I have been watching a certain cruise for a few weeks. Never a price change. I

went to that roll call and chatted with a few people. Someone had

mentioned about the sale so I waited to see if I could get a deal. I

went on Carnival about 8:00am yesterday. The price did drop. I

didn't get a great deal like some but this 7 nighter went from

479.00PP to 245.00PP. I put a hold on it and asked my husband

if he could go in March on such short notice. He checked and put

in for the time off. I paid last night and my hold still had 245.00PP

I am really pleased at what I got :) I love Carnival! :D

That is a great deal, congrats!

TY! I was really pleased because we took this same cruise last year and paid

double of what we paid last night. Now I am in excited mode :)

Same here. I keep thinking back to how much my honeymoon cruise back in 2004 was like $649 a person for 7 days out of NOLA. Prices sure have changed a lot 11 years later. Even before I got in on the sale yesterday, the cruise I was looking at was only $269 a person and this is out of NOLA also.

We only book last minute now. Early Saver blows. Just got a balcony on the Sunshine for $269 pp 8 day cruise.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I totally agree. We have always had early saver and it has paid off. Now, the only way we are eligible for price drops or OBC are if we want a guarantee cabin and give up what we chose. Not possible when you have 4 cabins and want to be close to each other.