cave tubing with an 82 year old?

Bossladyn

I have looked up cavetubing with cavetubing.bz and they say any age can go. But honestly, can an 82 year old handle this excursion? My dad doesn't have trouble getting around, but he's slow and i worry about him on the 30 - 45 minute hike.

Can anyone give guidance? How is the hike? Is it difficult, hot, too hard to get into the tubes?

Thanks!

Nicole

My parents are in their 70s and really enjoyed cavetubing when we went last month. We went with .bz and our tour guide Israel went with the pace they needed to go. During the few minutes that tubes needed to be carried (we opted for an extra cave) he carried my mom's tube for her. The walking part is very rocky, mostly small/ medium river rocks. It was not difficult for everyone to get into their tubes, we had 2 people helping us into the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. It sounds like my dad could do the trip just fine! We were looking at .bz to go and it sounds like they would be good for us to use since you don't have to carry your tube.

Thanks again!

Nicole

We have done this twice now and have either had "older" people with us or seen a lot of "older" people doing the hike. .bz has always taken the time to go at your own pace during the walk. They stop a lot and explain things along the way, which gives us ALL a chance to rest. It's very informative and pretty neat the things they tell you and show you. :) I have 2 reviews in my signature line with TONS of pictures so you can see what to expect along the way.

Thanks mitsugirly! Your reviews were great. I was also taking my 4 yr old and it was good to see your kids have done it and liked it attic gee than him! Thanks again. Great reviews. I read several of them and loved all your photos!

Thanks mitsugirly! Your reviews were great. I was also taking my 4 yr old and it was good to see your kids have done it and liked it attic gee than him! Thanks again. Great reviews. I read several of them and loved all your photos!

Aww thanks and glad you enjoyed them. Have a great time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Be thoughtful about your footwear.........as others have mentioned, the hike is rocky. I wore old tennis shoes so that was better than your typical water shoes, but the soles were thin and soft - my feet hurt for the next couple of days. My husband had old tennis shoes that had thicker soles and he was fine. Also, be aware that your feet will be WET during the hike as you have to cross the river in the very beginning; I also got a big blister. Just think about what is going to be the most protective and least likely to cause blisters - maybe apply some moleskin or duck tape ahead of time!