First off -- carry your own luggage

jamesnnb

You know.....Celebrity has a service i wish Princess would adopt..the luggage valet....last night they take your luggage and you don't have to deal with it anymore....you pick it up at the airport of your final destination. very nice service......I hate dragging luggage around

You know.....Celebrity has a service i wish Princess would adopt..the luggage valet....last night they take your luggage and you don't have to deal with it anymore....you pick it up at the airport of your final destination. very nice service......I hate dragging luggage around

Princess has had that service (called EZCheck) for at least 5 years or longer. I think we used it on a cruise in 2010. See post #17.

If we put our bags out the night before for ez check what will our bags have on them to tell the baggage people that it's ez check.

Do we get this ez check paperwork from the pursers office?

Will these bags go on the same plane as we do going home?

Thank you for answering my questions.

If you are not assigned an early enough time, you can exchange at the Purser's desk. (Do so as soon as you know you need to exchange as there is a limit to the number of people in each walk-off group.)

But have a "Plan B" in mind since ships do not always make port at the scheduled time due to weather or other problems.

Do you know if there is a concierge service for suite passengers on Princess? Their blurb alludes to it but I don't know how it works...have not cruised Princes in almost 20 years. Thought they would copy HAL. Celebrity and NCL in this regard. If so I will have them deal with this issue...if not then to the Purser's line we go!

Hopefully we left enough "room" in the schedule to allow for a later disembarkation...the taxi service want to pick us up at 8:30 so if we are late they will wait..(.no extra charge for us...thanks, Smiths airport service) and our train does not leave St Pancras until a little after 1 PM.

Do you know if there is a concierge service for suite passengers on Princess? Their blurb alludes to it but I don't know how it works...have not cruised Princes in almost 20 years. Thought they would copy HAL. Celebrity and NCL in this regard. If so I will have them deal with this issue...if not then to the Purser's line we go!

Only the Royal and Regal have a concierge for suite passengers but on all Princess ships there is a designated line at customer service for suite and elite passengers. Many times it is much faster than the 'regular' line but if you are on a cruise with lots of elites it might not be appreciably faster.

Only the Royal and Regal have a concierge for suite passengers but on all Princess ships there is a designated line at customer service for suite and elite passengers. Many times it is much faster than the 'regular' line but if you are on a cruise with lots of elites it might not be appreciably faster.

Good to know. I won't waste my time trying to utilize a non existent service!

But you are on the Royal and they do provide the concierge service for Suite passengers. Are you in a suite?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No, we are not on the Royal; we are in a suite on the Caribbean Princess.

Ah, yup. Disembarkation Port. 'First off/walk off' normally refers to the final port -- not when someone (unusual) walks off at some port in between and never returns....? Sorry you were confused. I thought it was clear as I provided pretty good detail -- when you leave the ship early, prior to the Disembarkation Port, you don't normally wait in a lounge with a color-coded ticket. haha.

That's what I thought, but didn't want to assume. Usually when I see "final port" I take that to mean the last port that's visited before the end of the cruise.

Just read the post.....EZ check isn't the same thing at all...seems from your post that it is nothing more than how Princess organizes luggage pickup at disembarkation......luggage valet is something totaly different

Princess has had that service (called EZCheck) for at least 5 years or longer. I think we used it on a cruise in 2010. See post #17.
Edited by LabGuy64

Cruisin' Chick: You are probably correct -- I just always think each and every stop is a port (always ready for adventure :) ) so I refer to the disembarkation port as the final port. But you are no doubt correct calling it the Disembarkation Port.

Just read the post.....EZ check isn't the same thing at all...seems from your post that it is nothing more than how Princess organizes luggage pickup at disembarkation......luggage valet is something totaly different

You misunderstood. With EZ Check you put your luggage out the night before disembarkation and you don't see it again until you arrive at your final destination just like luggage valet on other cruise lines. You can use it with or without a Princess transfer to the airport. For more information on EZ Check, including a sample form (post #4), see this current thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2152919