Regent navigator suite

Lalalucy

Hopefully this is the correct location for this question!

Does anyone have information regarding Navigator suite 1125? I understand it is a converted hair salon. It is located on deck 11, the other NS are located on deck 9. Also would appreciate any info on vibration on 11. Thank you!

We have stayed in 1125 -- the only Navigator suite we would stay in as the others are under the swimming pool (noise, etc.) We loved the suite -- great location - very spacious and tons of drawers (a couple could easily live in that suite).

The Navigator has a vibration aft - not forward. However, forward suites do feel the motion of the ocean a bit more than mid-ship suites. Also, the higher decks feel the seas more than lower decks. Having said that, we would not hesitate to book suite 1125 again (it is typically a difficult suite to obtain as it books up quickly).

If you will be sailing in Alaska, the seas are generally calm (unless you are sailing out of San Francisco). In the Caribbean, the first couple of nights can be rocky. We carry everything you can imagine to prevent seasickness and rarely have to use it. My DH uses the electronic band. It works well for him but I'm allergic to metal and cannot wear the band. I use the plastic bands PLUS 1/4 - 1/2 a Bonine (or similar pill used for seasickness). The key is to take a small amount of the medication before you actually get seasick. So, I take it at the first sign of rough seas (and also pay attention to the Captain's comments regarding the sea conditions).

We did not get seasick in suite 1125 but did in a master suite which is as far forward as you can go on the ship.

Really hope that you give 1125 a try -- it is definitely one of a kind and we loved it:)

Hi travelkat,

Thanks, you are a wealth of inFormation! I appreciate your comments. This is our 2nd cruise on Regent. First one on Mariner which we loved! I did have motion sickness most of the cruise, saw ships Dr., took some pills and felt ok most of the time. I would rather not repeat that experience, we rocked most of the time. I am going to take your advice and give it a lot of thought. Will discuss with DH.

Seems to me you are the only person on cruise critic to have stayed in that cabin. Havent heard from anyone else. :)

Thanks Travelcat2. I did post a message but dont know where it went

I wanted to thank you. You are a wealth of information. I am prone to motion sickness so deck 11 scares me a little. We will be in Pacific Ocean and I know that has rolling seas, Been there, done that. I will discuss with DH (he doesn't get sick) lucky him! I think my issues with the suite are pretty much solved thanks to you. :)))

We were in one of the Navigator suites under the swimming pool for a trans-Atlantic cruise, with lovely warm weather. We heard NO noise from the deck above at all. And someone said before we cruised we would smell the chlorine from the pool. Didn't smell that either. The only negatives I have about these suites (and have not been in the one on 11) is that the bathrooms are off the sitting room and not off the bedroom AND the balcony is tiny. Very tiny!

Yes the balconies are small, so I have head. On our last cruise we had a large balcony but rarely used it because it was wet every morning. Have never been on a cruise where weather was conducive to enjoying the balcony. But, in photos balconies look great!

• 3 weeks later...

Travelcat - we are in 1125 for a Caribbean cruise later this year, and selected it based a lot on your reviews. In looking at the website Regent indicates the size of the cabin as 358 sf "including" the 56 sf balcony; that would make the cabin essentially the same size as most of the regular and penthouse cabins on the ship and 140 sf smaller than other Navigator cabins. Is that a mis-print? I can see where the cabin would be 358 plus the balcony, but if the cabin is really only 302 we may switch back to one of the possibly noisier ones under the pool.

-

Also, in one of your earlier reviews you said you had pics of the cabin but did not know (at the time) how to upload them. Do you still have pics? Would love to see them. Thanks, Jeff

I am truly shocked by the apparent size of suite 1125. It seemed very large (and we are used to larger suites). The bedroom was small - down the hall from the living room. The living room area was quite large - as was the bathroom. Another thing that is puzzling me is the comment above about "bathrooms". Suite 1125 has one bathroom and I don't see where the other Navigator suites have more than one.

Just did some research on the Regent website and found a post from 2007 (when 1125 was built). These numbers seem much more as I remember:

information on the new suite # 1125, recently created in the space previously occupied by the Beauty Salon, which has now been relocated to Deck 12 to be part of the Spa/Fitness area of the ship.

The new suite is 441 sq. ft. in total size (385 sq. ft. of living space, 56 sq. ft. of balcony).

I sincerely apologize if my information is not correct. Before cancelling anything, please verify the size of that suite by either calling Regent or your TA. If the suite was really as small as indicated on the website, I have no doubt that my DH and I would have noticed (and we would not have booked it in the first place).

Because it has been almost 4 years since we stayed in that suite, they could have changed it. I will look again to see if I can even find photos from that long ago, but, if Regent changed the suite size, my photos won't be helpful.

Hoping to hear that there is an error on the website!

Thanks for your quick reply! Our T/A indicates the suite is 385 sf plus the balcony, or about 60sf smaller than the other Navigator Suites, but with a larger balcony and distinct location. So the information on the website is clearly incorrect. Would still love to see pics if you can find them - we will keep the suite for now. Jeff

Thanks for your quick reply! Our T/A indicates the suite is 385 sf plus the balcony, or about 60sf smaller than the other Navigator Suites, but with a larger balcony and distinct location. So the information on the website is clearly incorrect. Would still love to see pics if you can find them - we will keep the suite for now. Jeff

Will look again tomorrow for photos. Thanks for finding out that 1125 is indeed not as small as the website indicates. If we ever sail on the Navigator again, it would be in suite 1125. There was something about it that gave a "small apartment" feel rather than a cabin/suite. Also, the location of the suite is amazing -- right near the pool but separated enough not to hear the noise.

I should also mention that there were times that we did not want to walk through the pool deck to get to La Veranda (weather, etc.), so we went down a deck. We did smell the chorine (the pool maintenance is done on the same deck as the other Navigator suites).

Will let you know if I find photos.