Singapore Sail Away

Jarronwood

Can someone please advise on the Singapore sail away at 10 pm. We don't cruise until April 2016 but I am gleaning so much information whilst counting down the months.

We are flying from the UK departing 1.30 pm our time and arriving 13 or so hours later in Singapore which is about 9.30 am Singapore time and 2.30 am UK time (I hope that at some time during the flight they will dim the lights so that we can get a few hours sleep). I am not sure how long it will take to get through customs but we have arrangements for a transfer to take us to the cruise terminal. We have only cruised twice before and that was from Miami in the daylight hours but I am conscious of the time difference and sleep deprivation etc and was wondering whether if we happened to sleep through the sailaway will we have missed something splendid? Hubby says that any sailaway should not be missed but can anyone advise what we would expect. Being a night sailaway can you see Singapore all lit up?

Can someone please advise on the Singapore sail away at 10 pm. We don't cruise until April 2016 but I am gleaning so much information whilst counting down the months.

We are flying from the UK departing 1.30 pm our time and arriving 13 or so hours later in Singapore which is about 9.30 am Singapore time and 2.30 am UK time (I hope that at some time during the flight they will dim the lights so that we can get a few hours sleep). I am not sure how long it will take to get through customs but we have arrangements for a transfer to take us to the cruise terminal. We have only cruised twice before and that was from Miami in the daylight hours but I am conscious of the time difference and sleep deprivation etc and was wondering whether if we happened to sleep through the sailaway will we have missed something splendid? Hubby says that any sailaway should not be missed but can anyone advise what we would expect. Being a night sailaway can you see Singapore all lit up?

Stay up...you will regret it if you don't! You will have plenty time to sleep later. Enjoy the moment and the cruise.