breakaway ocean view recommendations?

elh1

We are looking to book a Breakaway ocean view next February. There are only two real choices deck five midships (all family cabins up to five people) or decks 9-12 all the way at the very front of the ship. These are flanked by suites and look to be quieter. My concern is they may be very rocky this time of year. Has anyone booked either of these choices and know the pros and cons? Good deal right now with the promos :)

We are looking to book a Breakaway ocean view next February. There are only two real choices deck five midships (all family cabins up to five people) or decks 9-12 all the way at the very front of the ship. These are flanked by suites and look to be quieter. My concern is they may be very rocky this time of year. Has anyone booked either of these choices and know the pros and cons? Good deal right now with the promos :)

We were just on the Breakaway at Christmas. We had an oceanview on deck 5 mid ship. Our first sea day was very rocky. The higher decks had lots of movement but deck 5 was much calmer. I would recommend deck 5.

Remember that every time you go to the rear of the ship (is. Spice H2O, main dining, etc.) will be a LONG walk from the front. (And back.)

You will also look down on the front helicopter winch area instead of the water, like on 5.

Did you know for front cabins in the evening you are required to keep your curtains closed if your lights are on? It is so the light doesn't affect the view from the bridge.

The potential for rocky versus calm.

All these things helped me choose 5. I hope you enjoy whatever cabin you choose.

Happy cruising!

We were just in 5828 and exact layout as Loutheglue posted in photos. We were aft and I would book that cabin again. Great usage of space. My sister was in a mini-suite that was narrow and cramped and I felt we had more space. Nice size bathroom too. Great for the $.

We were just in 5828 and exact layout as Loutheglue posted in photos. We were aft and I would book that cabin again. Great usage of space. My sister was in a mini-suite that was narrow and cramped and I felt we had more space. Nice size bathroom too. Great for the $.

Couldn't agree with you more, we had a mini suite on our second Breakaway cruise and found it cramped and wish we saved the money and got the oceanview again.

Please keep in mind that some of the Deck five cabins are directly under some of the entertainment venues on Deck 6 this may effect the noise in your cabin.

We were just on the Breakaway and on lady was complaining about her very expensive balcony on deck 14 in the back of the ship. She paid lots of money but didn't notice that H2O is directly above and the noise kept her up till all hours of the night. Guess this was not a case of you get what you pay for. But a case of due your due dilgence to know everything you can about your cabin.

I had no noise issues in cabin 5206.It was a connecting cabin and never heard anything from next door either, wouldn't have known anyone was in there if I hadn't run into them coming out of the cabin.

Edited by EBONI325