Med. cruise- port attire

Hi, first let me say that the Med cruise will be my 13th:eek: cruise so I am totally familiar with what to wear on the ship. However, all of my previous cruises have been to tropical places thus far. My upcoming cruise to the Med. will be in October. I figured capris and a nice T shirt (like Victoria's Secret daily tees) would be perfect to wear in port. I have some comfortable sandals, but for some ports I would like to wear sneakers. Am I going to look like a total Goob? I am not worried about looking like a tourist...it will be a dead give away when I disgorge a bus with a couple hundred people!!! Will anyone else be wearing capris & sneakers?

Thanks

Basil

Look at Samantha Brown's "Passport to Europe" on the Travel Channel. She goes to places as Nice, Barcelona, Florence, Rome, Madrid, etc. and you can see what she is wearing is what you are suggesting. No need to dress up, but in some places like the churches you will need to make sure you are covered up.

Pooh

Capris and t-shirts will be fine to wear in the Med ports. That's what I wore, usually with sandals. There are sooo many other tourists around that you will fit right in. European women wore mostly skirts, but there were plenty of capris and shorts being worn, too. I never felt like a "Goob" in my capris!!

Linda

Archived