Southampton - Office or drop box for VAT refund paperwork?

Hi, I am scheduled on a TA from Southampton later this year. I am planning on taking a bus from London to Southampton.

Is there either an office or a drop box where I can leave paperwork for my VAT refund in the cruise terminal?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I found this, which may be useful. I also saw an old post (from 2013) saying that Cunard had a drop box.

How to Claim a Refund on VAT When Leaving the UK

Claiming a refund on VAT is a multi-step process. It should be noted that retailers may not refund all of the VAT – some may be retained as an administration charge.

Firstly, any goods on which VAT is to be reclaimed must have been bought from a shop or retailer which takes part in the VAT Retail Export Scheme. A form must be filled in when the goods are purchased – this will either be Form VAT 407 or the shop’s own equivalent of this form. Alternatively the shop may provide a special VAT sales invoice. The purchaser will have to provide the shop with evidence that they are entitled to a VAT refund.

Secondly, the visitor will have to agree with the shop the method by which the VAT will be refunded. There are three options – not all of which may be available in every instance.

Some shops will refund the visitor directly upon receipt of the VAT form once it has been approved by a customs official.

Some shops will provide refunds via a dedicated refunds company.

Some retailers may have a kiosk at the airport where refunds can be obtained as soon as the VAT refund form has been approved.

Finally, when the visitor leaves the UK they must show the completed VAT refund form, as well as the goods purchased, to the relevant customs official at their UK departure port. If leaving the EU via another EU country the goods and VAT form may have to be presented to a customs official in that country rather than the UK. The form must then be posted back to the shop or to the refund company, or taken to the refund booth at the airport according to the refund method being used.

If there is no customs official at the departure port there should be a telephone on which customs officials can be contacted or a special box where the refund form can be posted for consideration. In the latter case, a customs official should send the refund form to the shop or refunds company once it has been approved.