Regal -Recent Winemakers Dinner

cruizinpooh

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the menu of the Winemakers Dinner onboard the Regal? I'm not sure if the menu varies by Ship.

If you do not have the menu, do you remember what they served?

Also, any input on the dress code for the dinner? Is it dressy/formal attire or a little more casual?

We did it in November on Regal. Most people were nicely dressed but not formal. My DH wore a sports coat and slacks. I think I wore slacks and a nice blouse.

I didn't keep the menu but I remember we had filet mignon. They recommended that you order it medium. There was some sort of mushroom soup that was very good. The amuse beuche (I totally botched the spelling, but basically the pre-appetizer) was something like small chunks of avacado, apple and ceviche. In my opinion it wasn't that great. The chef made it sound like he had just invented all those dishes just for us so no telling if it's a standard menu.

We had 2 wines, a red and a white. No dessert wine. The room is beautiful but the chair backs are so tall it made it very difficult for the waiters to serve.

We had a very nice evening but don't think we'll do it again.

I've had the same filet mignon Michael Mondavi Winemakers Dinner twice on the Royal. There are 3 menus but this is the only one we've had & were very happy with it and we'll request it again soon on the Regal.

Here's a link to my post about the WM Dinner including a PDF of the menu & a couple of photos:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1939851

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=292057&d=1383703495

Edited by Astro Flyer