Help-3 in cabin on Gem

judyf

Looking for some help, plan to book tomorrow. There will be one couple and one parent cruising.

What would be the best type cabin to book to give the coupe some privacy? We were looking at the mini suite cabins. Would like to have a cabin we could add the three if needed.

It might end up just being two, we will not know until Monday for sure.

Thanks for any help!

The only way you can get total privacy is to book two cabins.

We did an SF suite on the Pearl in 12 with my MIL as the third person. When split three ways the cost was just a little bit more than a balcony and a single inside. The only problem was that the cabin was a bit cramped and my MIL was probably the one who needed a bit more privacy.

We are cruising with her again in 2016 on a 14 day Canada & New England cruise - this time we opted for the 2 br family suite. I think she will be much happier with her own space - along with having a living room in addition to the master bedroom esp for 14 days :D

As said, the mini - suite has a curtain between the bed and not a bed/pull out sofa.

It is not a suite. It gets no suite perks. Nada.

Also, many of the lower cost suites are actually a large room. The term suite is vague.

They do have 2 bedroom suites, but they usually cost more than 2 regular cabins. Some think it is worth. Others, not so much.

There are people that will travel with 3-4 in a cabin and deal with in. Not me. When we traveled, my Mom got her own cabin. Just us.

EDIT EDIT - I just looked at the OP's signature. They have been on MANY cruises. They know what the cabin sizes are I would assume and the space available.

Edited by garycarla

Thanks, I have only stayed in insides and Balconies and never had more then 2 in a cabin. Thanks the tis are great! Looks like 2 balconies would work better, still unsure as it might only be 2 of us.

Fwiw the third bed isn't always a full sized bed. We had a balcony cabin recently on the Gem and my 9 yo son would barely fit on the pull out couch. The pull down bunk bed is a full sized bed, but I don't know if your third person would want a bunk bed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk