Download pics from digital camera on board?

Paisley12

Can you download from a digital camera in Oceania Insignia's computer room?

I assume they have USB ports. Are they 2.0?

I will bring my cable for my camera.

What kind of computers do they have? The latest or old ones? CD or DVD writers??

If so, do they have cd's you can get there or do I have to bring my own?

Do they have card readers for all cards?

I know I'll take godzillion pictures so I need to dump them onto a CD 'cause I'll run out of room on my card. :rolleyes:

First, yes. The computers seemed fairly up to date. They had CD writers. Don't know about DVDs. Definitely USB ports. They had card readers for every kind of card. I imagine they had CDs available. They charge around $10.00 to transfer pictures. At least I paid $10.00 when I downloaded someone else's pictures to my own memory stick. My laptop didn't read that kind of card.

They did not have DVD writers last December -- only CD writers. Oceania provides the blank CD's -- you simply download your card on their reader and they provide you with the CD. Their readers handle all the common card types -- CF, memory stick, SD, etc. If you are so inclined, you can edit your images before writing them to the CD.

Memory cards are getting to be so cheap that I just bring lots of memory and don't even fuss with the CD's.

Archived