Divina - Feb. 7 Sailing - Itinerary Change

SMerritt

Just being curious - not a really big deal but.........

We were notified that the Divina will not be going to Great Stirrup Cay on Feburary 7, 2015

We are now going to Turks and Caicos - never been so it is cool, just curious minds (mine) wondered if anyone knew why the change?

Now, what to do, what to do, on the new island

That's funny, I have been considering booking the March 21 sailing aboard the Divina and the other day I noticed one of the stops had been changed. Instead of Great Stirrup Car it is now Turks & Caicos too. For a second I thought maybe I imagined it and it was always Turks & Caicos but based on your itinerary change, it seems I wasn't crazy.

I wonder why they changed it too but am excited about Grand Turk as well, I've never been there though GSC is nice. Overall a good change I think. :)

Cool news, grand turk, nicer beach, ship docks at the long pier/jetty, walk off the ship to the beach,shops & margaritaville; swim alongside your ship (see photo); walk back to the ship at your leisure

maybe msc is reacting to the complaints lately about the tendering issues and the 2 hr wait to get off the ship at great stirrup

image.jpg.918832f620f673b4b003c704fd4e4e7d.jpg

We were notified that the Divina will not be going to Great Stirrup Cay on Feburary 7, 2015

We are now going to Turks and Caicos - never been so it is cool, just curious minds (mine) wondered if anyone knew why the change?

I would take Grand Turk over Great stirrup Cay... been to Grand Turk 3 times and enjoyed it ... I LOVED that the beach was so close to the ship - just walk back for lunch.

the one time i was supposed to go to Great Stirrup Cay the weather was so bad, we just viewed it from 500 ft away - didn't even tender.

of note is that Carnival Corp built the dock at Grand Turk (and probably stills owns it) and NCL owns Stirrup Cay.

enjoy your trip.

Cool news, grand turk, nicer beach, ship docks at the long pier/jetty, walk off the ship to the beach,shops & margaritaville; swim alongside your ship (see photo); walk back to the ship at your leisure

maybe msc is reacting to the complaints lately about the tendering issues and the 2 hr wait to get off the ship at great stirrup

WoW! Thanks for the photo!

This looks like a dream come true for us........we always wished NCL could dock at GSC.

Thanks all for the input, this is going be a new and interesting experience :D

good change :) Just go ashore and enjoy beautiful beach for free:p

Hi i am not on this particular sailing....I sailed the Divina back in October....we were suppose to go to Great Stirrup Cay as well, and it was cancelled, due to high winds....Captain took us to Turks and Caicos....what a beautiful island....not much to see...it is mostly a beach island...Margarettaville is there...you have access to use the pool free of charge, and the beach is right there....beautiful white sand beach...lounges are free of charge....lots of little restaurants around....and bars... the water is crystal clear....