Will the 2nd cruise compare?

DevilDogsWifey215

So I'm cruising the Fantasy in August for 5 days to Nassau. :D I've been on one cruise before, it was with the mister. We went on the Epic on the 7 day eastern carribean itinerary. We booked a spa balcony room. This go round is on the Fantasy, obviously lol, and it's 4 of us sharing an inside room, no window :eek:. I'm slightly concerned the Epic has spoiled me and will make any other cruise less than. Thoughts? Also I'd love info and pics on the fantasy's thermal suite access too.

Your headline is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. No, your second cruise will not compare at all. Let's see....cruise one, spa balcony room with your significant other on a 5 year old ship that is 153 tons big and you cruised for 7 days. Cruise two, inside cabin with 3 girl friends on a 25 year old ship that is 70 tons big cruising for 5 days and you're also stopping in Nassau.

Your two cruises can't be more dissimilar. Have a great time with your GF's, get the Cheers program and enjoy many frozen concoctions and shots. It will help you forget the disparity between your first and second cruise.

Treat each cruise as a separate entity! I have had a blast on each of my cruises, and none of them were the same. I have had balcony, ocean view, and inside rooms. If I had the option I would always do a balcony, but I have gotten some great deals by booking a lessor category.

My upcoming cruise we have an ocean view, but I'm sailing with my DD and we love the activities of the ship.

My last cruise was a balcony on the Breeze with my DH. He is not a joiner and his ideal vacation is watching TV and relaxing.

I'm thinking for a girl trip, your inside room will be fine.

Happy cruising!

So I'm cruising the Fantasy in August for 5 days to Nassau. :D I've been on one cruise before, it was with the mister. We went on the Epic on the 7 day eastern carribean itinerary. We booked a spa balcony room. This go round is on the Fantasy, obviously lol, and it's 4 of us sharing an inside room, no window :eek:. I'm slightly concerned the Epic has spoiled me and will make any other cruise less than. Thoughts? Also I'd love info and pics on the fantasy's thermal suite access too.

The second cruise never measures up to the first cruise, and worse if you change lines. You will tend to attempt to compare anything and everything.

It takes a special predetermined mindset to overcome that. Good luck!

Once you get a balcony it is amazingly difficult not to have a balcony in my opinion. Especially with 4 in a cabin, yikes!

I could not do it in an inside especially, maybe go for an OV they are larger in most cases. But the spa balcony you had definitely spoiled you, good luck......

And no thermal suite on Fantasy. I agree on the Cheers recommendation. Live it up and have fun with the girls!

Well the Epic was only a year old when we sailed lol. We stopped in Nassau then too. We got off the ship went through the market place deal and went to the right until we reached the first beach access. Swam a short while then headed back to ship and had fun while the ship was empty. It was just us ans 1 guy in the pool for an hour or so. This go round we are thinking of doing a Sandals day pass. Soccer mom wasted! 😂 We didn't use our room but to shower and sleep and used the balcony twice. It's not so much the room I'm worried about since it's just to sleep in but the ship accommodations in general. Shows, food, etc. I can't go for the Cheers program because not everyone is for it and apparently all adults in your cabin have to buy the package. Instead we're smuggling. Ha!

This go round we are thinking of doing a Sandals day pass. Soccer mom wasted! 😂...I can't go for the Cheers program because not everyone is for it and apparently all adults in your cabin have to buy the package. Instead we're smuggling. Ha!
Two years ago the day passes at Sandals in Nassau were 110, so even if they have not gone up in price, for that money you could have Cheers for 2 days. If you skip Cheers on day 1, then you only have to invest in 2 more days. Just trying to think logically because after all, you want to have soccer mom wasted. ;)

If you go expecting cruise #2 to compare to cruise #1 you will probably be disappointed.

If you go in with an open mind with no pre-conceived expectations you will have a blast.

Edited by Frank12