NCL Truijillo any great to do's

jh2pizza

• 2 weeks later...
Not much on the boards about this port. So I figured I would ask about must see's or even if there are things that I should avoid at this port?

There is not much in the port itself yet. You can tell it is a new port. It really depends on what you want to do. There are only a few operators besides the cruise line.

We wanted a relaxing day; so we went to Tranquility Beach Resort. We decided to rent a cabana (small house) for the day. We have 2 kids; so we wanted some place to lay the little one in case he got tired. But it was also nice to have a secure place to store our stuff.

Linda and Larry are the owners and are from Canada. They are very welcoming. You can rent a cabana for the day or buy a day pass.

There are several things to do there - rent a stand up paddleboard. go snorkeling. Hang out at the beach. Ride a horse on the beach.

http://tranquilitybayhonduras.com/

If you go into the NCL page and do a search on Trujillo or Banana coast, there are a few reviews on places others have went. I do know that the large park they have there, that is normally free to get into, is closed on days the cruiselines are there and the cruiselines charge money to get into the park. I have also heard the cabs are expensive on cruisedays. We ran into another family (of 7) who paid $200 roundtrip.