Silver Galapagos

Herman The Cat

While we know much of the crew on the Silver Galapagos is Ecuadorian, we were curious what regular Silversea staff may be present on this ship--does anyone know? I was thinking perhaps the dining room manager and perhaps some other roles/functions. Is there a Silversea cruise consultant onboard?

Thanks in advance.

On our recent TA, we met one of the future HDs for the ship. She is Equadorian, but was in training on the Spirit to learn the Silversea way of doing things. I wish I could remember her name, but right now, I can't. If she is the HD when you are on board, you will be impressed.

I heard that Gustavo (Brazilian) who was formerly the MD in Le Champagne on the Spirit might be on board as well. He had a serious family issue which kept him off the ship for a while.

On our recent TA, we met one of the future HDs for the ship. She is Equadorian, but was in training on the Spirit to learn the Silversea way of doing things. I wish I could remember her name, but right now, I can't. If she is the HD when you are on board, you will be impressed.

I heard that Gustavo (Brazilian) who was formerly the MD in Le Champagne on the Spirit might be on board as well. He had a serious family issue which kept him off the ship for a while.

When are you thinking of going? It's on our bucket list, but we think we'll do Antarctica first while we are as young as we're ever going to be.

Thanks, Emtbsam. I think I heard about the woman you are referring to...I know they have been rotating other Silversea crew to that ship, but if they can have an Ecuadorian onboard in a role like that it makes more sense. I know Marcelo (Brazilian) was there awhile ago so perhaps he was replaced by Gustavo. I assume the Silversea crew rotation is the standard 5 months or so.

We are going in April. They had a $199 airfare special that was quite enticing. It ends January 31 and is for voyages until the end of April. That should actually be a good time of year--end of rainy season, and heading into the dry season.

The timing will be interesting as I get off Silver Galapagos and then a month later am on the Spirit in Europe! :D Aren't you on the Spirit soon?

The Cruise Consultant when we were on SG last November was the guest lecturer/naturalist . He was hardly used and did not push SS at all. The HD was Brazilian and he left mid November with us, having been on board for six months training the Ecuadorians.

Other crew were all Ecuadorians or Galapagan.

• 2 weeks later...

Staff and crew rotate on and off the Silver Galapagos differently than other SS ships. Most work 6 weeks then have 3 weeks off then 6 weeks on again. The Captain and senior staff have a different schedule. All but 3 or 4 of the naturalists may only be on the ship for one or two weeks then move to another ship. It would be hard to tell from one cruise to the next who is or will be working on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app