What to do in Nassau?

Jonjhawk

We have a short day in Nassau and are with a bunch of travelers from age 17-19 and are looking for ideas to do there. Any free public beaches or good areas for them to check out would be great! We only have till 2 so we arent looking to spend lots of money.

I have never been but am planning on going in 99 days!

But there is a free beach called Junkanoo Beach that is about a 15 minute walk from the port, basically you just turn right and follow it down until you get there. There are maps if you google it that will show you from an ariel view where it is at.

Edited by AlmostToTheFun

I have never been but am planning on going in 99 days!

But there is a free beach called Junkanoo Beach that is about a 15 minute walk from the port, basically you just turn right and follow it down until you get there. There are maps if you google it that will show you from an ariel view where it is at.

Junkaroo Beach is right around the corner, free beach, they have a tiki bar and food vendors, also have restrooms. Get off the ship and keep right and follow around the Hilton and you will be there.

You can also walk a bit farther and be at the Fish Fry, which is a bunch of local restaurants all together.

• 2 weeks later...

Last spring we were there and DW says the restrooms were fine (I have been told as I guy I am not a good judge of restroom cleanliness). They had 3 beers AND 3 shots for $10, short 10 to 15 minute walk, friendly nice local crowd. Had a great time, DW has booked another cruise with stop in Nassau this April and we will go to Junkanoo again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Junkaroo Beach is right around the corner, free beach, they have a tiki bar and food vendors, also have restrooms. Get off the ship and keep right and follow around the Hilton and you will be there.

You can also walk a bit farther and be at the Fish Fry, which is a bunch of local restaurants all together.

How is Junkaroo Beach? Is it pretty? Soft sand without rocks? Do they rent out anything?