Carry on luggage

Mazz55

My husband and I are traveling with 2 carry on luggage. Is it best to keep it with us on embarkment and disembarkment? Very important that we don't lose anything which has happened in the past. Do others do this as well? Thanks for your help!!

We have done both - when we have something really important the luggage will stay with us. As long as you are prepared to possibly keep it with you for a few hours, you should be fine. You will see others doing this as well. Sometimes we check it so that we don't have to bother with lugging it around the ship until the cabin is ready. But we always do a walk off with our luggage at the end of the cruise since we usually only have one carry one bag each - saves hunting for our luggage in a big pile.

[quote name='imbieelf']My husband and I are traveling with 2 carry on luggage. Is it best to keep it with us on embarkment and disembarkment? Very important that we don't lose anything which has happened in the past. Do others do this as well? Thanks for your help!![/QUOTE]

Greetings

Cabins are often not ready until after 1 pm. You will have to find a place to "camp" with your luggage until then. Not a real problem, many bring carry on bags with their necessities and check a large bag with their clothes. Of course if you board a bit late then you just take the luggage straight to your cabin.

I sure wish my SO could learn to travel with just carry on luggage. Sometime she wants to pack more than will fit in 2 streamer trunks.

Good Sailing
Tom

I've cruised with(out) luggage that was lost, and have since learned to travel with carry on size only. No reason why you can't roll onboard, and if boarding before around 1pm when you can get to your room, bring it with you. We tend to head poolside and take turns going to pick up something for lunch, or hop in the pool. It's really convenient to self-disembark.