Breeze internet packages

Cruising4

It looks like the new internet packages have been rolled out on the Breeze.

The kids will love the social media package.

Does anyone have experience with the other two packages? I'm wondering if the Value or Premium packages restrict access - for example will my imap email still work? Can I access any website?

Can the package be shared between devices, by logging in and out?

Is the 5$ "chat" app included with the packages?

What is the cost for the each package? (I think social media is $25)

Thanks

It looks like the new internet packages have been rolled out on the Breeze.

The kids will love the social media package.

Does anyone have experience with the other two packages? I'm wondering if the Value or Premium packages restrict access - for example will my imap email still work? Can I access any website?

Can the package be shared between devices, by logging in and out?

Is the 5$ "chat" app included with the packages?

What is the cost for the each package? (I think social media is $25)

Thanks

They were beta testing this on our 12/28 Breeze cruise.

The package can be shared (logging out of device 1 and logging into device 2). The cost for the two packages was $60 for the slow package and $99 for the high speed. The chat was free for us (beta test) and worked just fine.

We were in an aft balcony on the 1/3 cruise on the Breeze and we bought the $60 pkg. we could not get reception in our room. Occasionally if we stood out in the hall we could get it.We went to guest services and they did say there are some areas on the ship where you will not get good reception.

We did find if we went and sat near the fun hub on deck 5 we did get reception. Guest services did say that the center of the ship got the best reception.

They were beta testing this on our 12/28 Breeze cruise.

The package can be shared (logging out of device 1 and logging into device 2). The cost for the two packages was $60 for the slow package and $99 for the high speed. The chat was free for us (beta test) and worked just fine.

We are sailing on the Breeze in a few weeks! When you say chat was free (beta test) is that the feature on the new Carnival Hub? And does that mean it only works for texting each other on the ship? My kids are bringing friends, and I'm looking for the cheapest way for them to communicate with their parents back home. If I get the social meda package, does that include iMessage to email back home? Or do I need to go to the $60 package? Thanks for any suggestions.

We are sailing on the Breeze in a few weeks! When you say chat was free (beta test) is that the feature on the new Carnival Hub? And does that mean it only works for texting each other on the ship? My kids are bringing friends, and I'm looking for the cheapest way for them to communicate with their parents back home. If I get the social meda package, does that include iMessage to email back home? Or do I need to go to the $60 package? Thanks for any suggestions.

I am looking for this answer as well. I am curious whether iMessage would work. Technically you don't need any form of cell service to use it, just wifi. So in theory I don't see why it wouldn't? I would like to hear from someone who has tried it.

I got the $5 social plan in the 12/28 Breeze sailing...I received iMessages on my iphone5 no problem.

Sent from my Ipad

Also used FB messenger...

That's awesome news!! Where was your cabin located? Did you have good service? I have an aft cabin and I am hearing service isn't the best there. I mean that's ok! I'm not on the ship for wifi service. I can go somewhere else and catch up with whomever back home and then go back to my room. I won't have my phone on all the time.

That's awesome news!! Where was your cabin located? Did you have good service? I have an aft cabin and I am hearing service isn't the best there. I mean that's ok! I'm not on the ship for wifi service. I can go somewhere else and catch up with whomever back home and then go back to my room. I won't have my phone on all the time.

We were in 7273... Weirdly enough reception was great in the room but could be spotty on the balcony...great reception up by waterworks...spent a bit of time talking to others at home thru FB Messenger. Also had fine reception at Ocean Plaza. I thought it was a great deal for $5 a day..

Sent from my Ipad

Hi sailing on the breeze in April. Is there a link where i can go to get all the information on the internet packages and how it works. Would really like to know all about this before going on board. Thanks

http://carnival-news.com/2015/01/15/carnival-cruise-line-launches-new-shipboard-app-also-piloting-first-ever-social-media-internet-package-providing-access-to-facebook-twitter-and-other-sites-for-flat-fee/

Here is a link. My understanding is that the free Carnival app has a chat option for $5 per person for the week. Some have reported that since it is being beta tested it was free for them. It is for messaging with people onboard. The social media internet package is for FB, shapchat, iMessage, etc. and is $5/day $25/week per phone and you can message people back home. You can buy one package and share but only one phone can be logged in at time. You can also upgrade for faster speed and access to Skype, etc for (I believe) $60 or $99. I think I have it right :D. Someone please let me know if I am mistaken. Thanks!

We used the Internet on the Breeze in Dec. I splurged for the premium on an 8 day for $99. It worked great in our inside cabin on deck 1 . Even used Skype while in the middle of the ocean. Dropped a time or two but otherwise it was such an improvement great to upload the diving pics after each dive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great info - thanks!!

One question: the chat ($5) option - is that just on the fun hub app? If I send a message through it, is there a sound/vibration/banner notification? Just thinking of using that to communicate with my kids on the ship on their iPods… suspect they won't be checking it regularly just to see if I messaged them :rolleyes:

Thank you for the warning that it can be spotty in aft cabins! I was going to probably end up getting the Value plan as there will be school work that needs to be turned in while we are away and I was hoping this would be an easy solution.

And to think, all I wanted to do was sit on the aft balcony, listen to the wake and probably not write a single word on such fun subjects as employment law..

Alas I really don't want to be dragging my laptop all around the ship. Since we don't sale until August, I am hoping it will be improved by then!