Corkscrew?

There are plenty of You Tube videos that will demonstrate how to open a champagne bottle. It's fun. :) If you need a corkscrew for any other type of wine just ask your steward. We've a nice collection of little plastic corkscrews with the Carnival logo on it now.

Trying to get a corkscrew from your room steward may not be as easy as it seems. On our first cruise we did not bring one along as we too had heard that the room stewards had them readily available. We had to wait a very, very long time for him to bring one back to us... it was a few hours not minutes. We wanted to enjoy a glass of wine on our balcony for sail-away and was not able to. The stewards are busy and you may have to wait awhile for them to comply .... Save yourself the hassle and just bring one along, even if it's a cheapie one from Dollar Tree.

From then on, we put an inexpensive cork screw in our checked luggage and have had no problems at all. We leave it behind for our room steward to add to the collection that he may have for those that did not bring one.

We don't always check luggage for flights and cruises, and ran into the issue of it taking HOURS for our steward to bring us a corkscrew. After that experience, we spent $10 on a carry-on, bladeless corkscrew. Every flight we've had it on, airport security has checked it for a blade, and given us a proud approval for flying with an acceptable corkscrew. It was a simple, one-time investment that's paid off on multiple vacations (including to Napa...).

So if I bring one with is it best to pack in carryon or checked bag?? I'm only going on a 3 day cruise so I will only have a small rolling bag and a backpack so wasn't planning on checking my luggage...but if thats best I will do it.

So if I bring one with is it best to pack in carryon or checked bag?? I'm only going on a 3 day cruise so I will only have a small rolling bag and a backpack so wasn't planning on checking my luggage...but if thats best I will do it.

If you're flying, you can't carry on a corkscrew with a blade--you would need to check it, or buy a TSA approved crokscrew like this: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Boomerang-Corkscrew-Blade-Cutter/dp/B001ARYJNG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421929435&sr=8-1&keywords=tsa+corkscrew

If you're just talking about getting on the ship, I don't think it matters. You can leave it wherever is most convenient to you. If you're wanting to toast at sailaway, you'd probably want it wherever the wine is.